If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 11, 2018

Book Review: Bad Boy Rebels (#1-3) By Jessica Sorensen

Bad Boy Rebels (#1-3)
By Jessica Sorensen

My name is Zhara and my life is complicated. I’ve spent the last couple of years pretending to be a good girl. But that changed the day the Bad Boy Rebels asked me to join a secret detective program and work undercover, pretending to date all of them.

All the guys are sexy and love to get into trouble.

And the number one rule to my assignment of dating them: I can no longer act like a good girl…

I think I’m in way over my head…

Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

A Note: I schedule all my reviews months in advance and at the time of reading this book and writing this review there was no mention that it was a reverse harem story in the title or in the description of this novel. This is a review for the first 3 original novella length books in the Bad Boy Rebels series.

I thought this book was going to go in a completely different direction with its characters and storyline. I'm disappointed with the way it all went. I also realized, a bit too late, that this was originally a serialized novel (meaning that for one complete novel there were a series of mini books). Due to that, everything seemed glossed over and rushed. I couldn't connect with the characters because there was barely any backstory provided.

Zhara seemed to have too much of, what I would consider, bad things. She was too meek, too innocent (for being 18 years old), too apologetic, and her story felt too wrong place wrong time. Everything fell into place too conveniently from the start and it ended up aggravating me more than helping me to like the story.

I didn't understand the reason to have a group of guys be "undercover agents". There was never a reasoning behind why this "task force" was created either. Why have 6(?) guys instead of having just one or two was a persistent question in my mind during this novel. Everything was moving so fast that I couldn't even connect with any of them. Everyone was just one huge blur.

Despite the cliffhanger, I won't be reading the continuation to this series. By this point, I simply don't care what happens to any of the characters. I've enjoyed various books by this author in the past, but this one isn't one of them.

My Favorite Quotes:

"(...) as if ignoring what people think is as simple as breathing."

"Sometimes people have to overthink things. [...] It's part of life."

"(...) [I] felt trapped in a life I didn't believe I belonged in."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...