If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, June 8, 2018

My Ramblings: Bookish Breaking Point?

 
Bookish Breaking Point?

Have you ever gotten to a breaking point of wanting, needing to read a book that has yet to release so much that no other book matters? No matter how hard you try to get through it your mind wanders, the story doesn't live up to what you actually want to read, you start losing sleep over an expectation for what could possibly be? 

If so, welcome to the pity party. There are imaginary foods and drinks through that imaginary door. Feel free to stay as long as you please!

On a serious note, I've been going through that for a couple of series and most have lived up to my exorbitant expectations, thankfully! I can truthfully tell you that mentally the days have been long and the sleepless nights have haunted me. 

This state of mind is usually reserved for books that, in my humble opinion, are too good to exist. The author has such a way with words that the novel does more than just tell me a story. It doesn't give me a choice, it makes me see the world the author created through the characters eyes as if everything were tangible. Those are the novels I live for. They are few and far between, but when found they are the reason I continue reading.

Have you ever felt like what I described?
What keeps you coming back for more while reading?
Let's discuss in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I think I don't suffer from this, because I read mostly contemporaries, and they tend to be standalones or companions. I always act like I NEED the next book in a series, and then I sit on the ARC for like 6 months. I am literally THE worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to read PNR & UF, so maybe the unrealistic possible occurrences provoke this in me. Contemporaries have twists and turns but most keep realistic to an extent. I've done that a lot over the years as well! It's almost like I'm scared that what I've created in my head won't live up to the actual book :)

      Delete
  2. Like Sam, I don't read a ton of books that are part of series - and if I do, I don't always read the next book right away because I just don't have time. LOL I do get really excited about certain author's in general though!

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually love series and if there's a sequel already on hand, even if I don't have time to read it, I will MAKE time. If that means I get fewer hours of sleep that night, then that's the price I'm willing to pay to finish that specific book. Can you tell I have a tendency to obsess over things that I REALLY like? C:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...