If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Eight Books That Surprised Me

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

This Week's Topic:
Eight Books That Surprised Me

In A Bad Way:

j
1. Night School By C. J. Daugherty
I was under the impression that book would include some sort of paranormal creature and I was sorely disappointed. It ended up being a group of sketchy humans and nothing more. It wasn't necessarily a bad book, but I was expecting something else.

2. Twist (Mageri #2) By Dannika Dark

I liked the first book in this series enough to want to continue the journey. Spoiler Ahead: I wasn't expecting for the main character and the kidnapper to fall in love with each other. That plot point ruined the rest of the series for me.

3. Bound To Me By Jeannette Medina

I like bodyguard type stories and dragons. I thought I was getting into a good book. When the "guard" simply materializes out of the heroine's magical dragon back tattoo I knew what I was in for and I hated every moment of it.
My Review |


4. Perfect Opposite By Tessi Zoya

I read a few reviews of this book and most people were saying it was a "different take on the classic heiress and bodyguard story". Boy was I in for a rude awakening. This novel just wasn't for me.

In A Good Way:


1. The Fault In Our Stars By John Green

I was expecting to have my heart ripped out and stomped on, but I didn't expect to connect to the characters as much as I did. This was one of the toughest books to get through and I was only listening to the audio book. This was an amazing book, just ended up being more than I was expecting.
| My Review |


2. Chameleon By Kelly Oram

I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did. The story was fasinating, abit a little cliché. The writing is was did me in.

3. Branded By Abi Ketner & Missy 

I won an this as an ebook on a blog giveaway and decided to give it a shot. It turned out to be an incredible book with unique twists for the dystopian genre.
My Review |


4. Rules Of Survival By Jus Accardo

I don't usually go looking for serial killer and kidnapping books, but this was an exception because I adore almost everything this author writes. I took a gamble on this book and it paid off! It was an awesome ride!

What book surprised you in a good or bad way?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading The Fault in Our Stars as well.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-surprised-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first and only John Green book I read. I'll read another one eventually :)

      Delete
  2. I am right there with you in regards to TFIOS. It was the first John Green book I read and thus far its the only one I liked and it was sooo good. Happy readings :)

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-UF

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFiOS was absolutely heartbreaking as expected, but there was also such a beautiful message of living every moment you have and loving those people who are in your life no matter how short that time might be. *crying*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...