If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Review: Chameleon By Kelly Oram

Chameleon
(Supernaturals #1)
By Kelly Oram



Published: June 25th, 2013

For small-town rebel Dani Webber magic and monsters are no more real than the Easter Bunny… until the day she accidentally stops time. Dani quickly discovers that not only do supernaturals exist, but she herself is one of them. This is great news for her life-long best friend Russ, who can finally come clean about his own supernatural status and his undying love for her. Before the two can start to enjoy the long overdue relationship, Dani is taken by a powerful council of supernaturals who believe she is the Chosen One destined to save them from extinction.
As if being kidnapped and expected to save the world isn’t bad enough, an ancient prophecy warns of the Chosen One’s dark nature: “Only the truest love will keep her an agent for good.” The council believes they know who this “true love” is and, unfortunately, that person isn’t Russ. The mysterious, powerful and devastatingly handsome Seer is the last person Dani wants in her life, but when she starts having visions of a horrific future, she has no one else to turn to for help.

Soon Dani finds herself torn between two very different boys with two very different opinions of whom she can trust. With the visions getting worse and time running out, Dani is forced to put aside her feelings and work with both the Seer and Russ before an ancient evil is unleashed upon the earth.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review: 

I loved this book. The story line wasn't that original, since I have read other books with the prophetic heroine that saves the world and blah, blah, blah. What made me love this story so much was one character: Gabriel.

I have a serious soft spot for innocent, sweet, down to earth, insecure guys. Gabriel is the incarnation of that guy. He was so understanding and self sacrificing that it was hard to witness his pain throughout the novel. I wanted to dive in the book and hug him at moments *wink wink*. Russ even described Gab as "(...)quiet little Shakespeare-quoting emo boy(...)". TEAM GABRIEL!!

I had a problem with Russ from the beginning. Sure, he had his nice guy side, but the jerk side made too much of an appearance for my taste. He's also controlling and a dog. It felt like he would pee on Dani's foot if another guy even passed by and looked her the wrong way. To say the least, it got old, fast. The only redeeming quality he has in my eyes would be the hilarious one liners. They were gold!
I had no problem with Dani, though I still want to strangle her for some actions that I didn't agree with, but let's leave it at that. She really tried to live with what was thrown at her instead of whining. So for that I think she deserves to whine for a few minutes, she earned it.

I didn't guess who the villain was until it was revealed. The author kept me guessing throughout the whole book, which was a very fascinating experience (and somewhat confusing). With that said, it seems that there is a minor cliffhanger hinting at the future for book 2. I can live this one (which is a first), since it doesn't end in suspense with someone dying, kidnapped or fighting for their life. Thank you Mrs. Oram! This is much appreciated! 

Favorite Quotes:

"You're my dad. Aren't you supposed to be overprotective or something? Where's the shotgun and the shovel?".

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

"I believe it's called 'supernatural awesomeness'".

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...