If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Book Review: Forever Stardust By Jessica Sorensen

Forever Stardust
(Tangled Realms #1.5)
By Jessica Sorensen

* Please note that is is a novella and prequel to Star, Legend, and Holden's story.

Nine years ago, I was captured by the grim reaper and forced to become his prisoner, my witch magic bound to him.

I spent countless days obeying his orders until an opportunity arose and I finally fought back. But things didn’t go as planned, and now I’m sired to Legend, a hot and arrogant vampire that wants me to help him save the realms.

Please note that this is a Tangled Realms Novella that gives a glimpse into how Legend freed Star.
Goodreads Button

Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

* This review contains a few minor spoilers for this story. 

My expectations weren't too high for this novella and that's probably what saved it from ending up a DNF. I liked how the story started out in the first book of this series, but this one was just a rushed and disjointed series of coincidences.

I liked Legend, but I can't overlook the fact that he "found" star by refusing a "trade" which had consequences an ancient vampire, as he calls himself multiple times in this novella, should have seen coming.

Star wasn't around enough for me to get to know her. We're informed, by her, of the trauma she's gone through,  how her mother is somewhat at fault for it and her current circumstances. Other than her miraculous survival at the end and her power there isn't much to say about her. She'll probably have a big role in the next few books because of the storyline she's so intricately a part of. I'd like to see more of her.

I don't like that the author relied on sheer luck to pull this story together. There should have been better planned twists and turns to get Legend to that castle. This story feels like a rushed cop-out, but for the purpose of moving the overall storyline along and giving the reader an "origin" story for Star, I can't say I hated it.

My Favorite Quotes:

"The only thing to see in life is darkness and light. Nothing else exists or matters."

"I just wish I were completely free."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...