If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Audio Book Review: Anarchy By Jaymin Eve & Leia Stone

Anarchy
(Hive Trilogy #2)
By Jaymin Eve & Leia Stone


Narrator: Dara Rosenberg

Did Charlie Bennett ever tell you that vampires are evil spawn? Well they are!

She's had just about enough of them and when the unthinkable happens, she decides it might just be time to use her blood as a weapon against them.

It's time for a little anarchy.


Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This book didn't supersede my expectations, but it didn't let me down either. It was a very nice quick read. My expectations are peaked for the next book, so I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment. All that being said this book was far from perfect and I do have some negative things to say about certain aspects of it.

I liked Charlie better in the first book because she was more witty and sarcastic during the duration of the overall book. This time around she was very whiny and by the end of it all it started to grate on my nerves. I also disliked her inferiority complex. In her head it seemed like everyone else mattered except for her, which doesn't really add up to the story line when you consider her 'unicorn blood'.  

I swear that I killed Tessa, in my head, at least ten times throughout this novel. I hated her 'woe is me' act, while she portrayed Charlie as a bitch because she was an Ash (which Charlie didn't even get a choice on the matter) and Tessa wasn't. I still don't understand how putting her life in danger to be with her friend is the better and smarter choice of just moving on with her natural human life.

Rider was very entertaining, but his hero complex made the ending all that more dramatic because of the consequences of defending Charlie. Other then that, I really enjoyed him this time around and am no longer skeptical of the relationship between him and Charlie. I also took a liking to the 'Sexy Six' in this novel as well. Everyone was very entertaining and I'd love to read spin offs about each of the characters.

The plot twists involving Charlie's mother and the ending (mild cliffhanger alert) was incredible and really helped the story a long. It was almost perfectly timed because every time the storyline slowed down the authors were right there to smack you with a twist.

If it's the last thing I do I will, at least, pick up the next book just to find out what happens after that cliffhanger. I hope Tessa isn't going to be a big part of the last book and I really, really want to know what secrets Sam has been keeping from everyone.

The Audio Book:

In the first book I said that the male voices sounded too feminine and I think it did get better in this reading. Some accents sounded a little off or strange to me, but I can deal with that. I probably overlooked most of it because I was imagining creative ways to maim Tessa during the entire novel.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...