If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Book Review: Chosen at Nightfall By C.C. Hunter

Chosen at Nightfall
(Shadow Falls #5)
By C.C. Hunter


Published: April 23rd, 2013

Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:
When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:
 
What a perfect almost ending to an amazing series! Seems like just yesterday that I picked up the first book thinking it was going to end up being another one of those. Boy am I happy I was wrong. I'm extra happy with the choice she made in picking the guy, even though I hate love triangles this is one of one of those that actually went my way (which are few and far between).
   
I also liked how Mrs. Hunter managed to get a girl for the guy that got left behind, so yes I do like Jenny. Burnet and Holiday getting married was priceless, since I love their bickering. Maranda and Perry was hilarious, they compliment each other so well. Della still needs her happy ending, which wasn't possible in this book, since she's so HARDHEADED (the reason behind a spin-off series in the same world as Shadow Falls with her being the main character, one book wasn't enough for her).
   
This book had it's roll-on-the-floor-god-help-me-I'm-dying-of-laughing parts. For example the "Paperweight accident", someone dropping his pants (won't tell you who), the "Pharmacy confusion"  and Della and Kylie discussing "Blue balls". I had a blast reading those and found myself often staring into space laughing for no apparent reason. My friend thought I was crazy, even though I'm not the sanest person you'll ever meet. Don't judge.
   
I have one problem with this book: Kylie's mother. Even after Kylie tried explaining why she didn't like John (and NO for the 10th time, it's not because she wants her stepfather married to her mother again). That's basically the only argument her mother had to throw in her face and then she'd have the audacity to get mad at Kylie like it was all her fault.
   
The ending was and wasn't predictable. I saw what would happen with Mario and all, but with her Father, it's a whole other story. I never imagined that happening, so it was a sweet, but bitter ending on that account.

P.S. I need more Lucas/Kylie parts to read. This book and ending of their story does NOT satisfy me.

Favorite Quotes:

"Would you like a name of a good doctor who will schedule your little snip-snip operation?"

"Because hearts are ornery, sneaky little bastards, designed to cause misery. They want what they want, and don't give a damn about what would make life easier or harder for the heart's owner".

"You drink blood, I play with glowing swords".

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...