If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Review: The Iron Queen By Kaitlin Bevis


The Iron Queen
(Daughters of Zeus #3)
By Kaitlin Bevis


Published: May 17, 2013

Life is hell for Persephone. Zeus will stop at nothing to gain access to the living realm and the Underworld, and as the only living god with a right to both, Persephone’s in trouble. Captured and tortured beyond the limits of her resolve, Persephone must find the power to stand against Zeus. But will she be strong enough?
Meanwhile, Hades contemplates desperate measures to rescue his queen. Persephone never thought of herself as dangerous, but there’s a reason gods never marry for love. A being with the power to destroy all of creation shouldn’t place more value in one individual than the rest of the planet. But Hades...Hades would break the world for her.

To save the world and stop both Hades and Zeus, Persephone must make a difficult choice. One that may cost her everything.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

My Review:

*There may be a few minor spoilers ahead.

I'm a big fan of this series, or so I was before reading this book. It starts off right at the moment that book 2 left open. I, personally, love kidnappings in books, but it depends on the way it's handled by that author. Mrs. Bevis weaved this book amazingly well. That doesn't mean that I liked the book.

I'm a big lover of greek mythology and have a soft spot for re-tellings of Hades and Persephone's story. I have followed this series since the release of book 1 and fell in love (with Hades) since page 1. I just love the world the Mrs. Bevis created, which differs from a few re-tellings out there that I have read in the past.

The one thing that was a BIG problem for me was reading Aphrodite's chapters. They felt like fillers, because a) nothing ever happened and b) she whined ALOT. I know her predicament wasn't the best one there was, but I can not stand reading a full chapter on how life is unfair and what not. I felt like skipping them, but then I wouldn't like it if I lost a few important details of the story.

The ending was interesting to say the least. I admit I didn't cry (I didn't really like that character too well), but yes it was sad. I especially liked the Hades moments and that whole dream twist.

After finishing this book I went in search of a book 4 and, unfortunately for me, Hades and Persephone's story ends here. There will be a continuation of this world (I think),but with Aphrodite's story, which I won't be reading.

Favorite Quotes:

"These crazy people kept acting like humanity was something to aspire to. Did they read newspapers? Humans were crazier then the Gods had ever been"

"Hades...Hades would break the world for her."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...