If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: "Gateway" Books In My Reading Journey

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

"Gateway" Books In My Reading Journey

* Book covers are linked to my review or Goodreads.


The Adventures Of Mary-Kate & Ashley Series


This series is responsible for introducing me to middle-grade mystery as a child and kicking off my love of reading.




Twilight Series
By Stephenie Meyer


If you've been following this blog for some time, you're probably getting sick of me mentioning Twilight. What can I say? It's the series that introduced me to young adult books and paranormal romance to a degree. Twilight is far from perfect and I don't plan to ever read it again, but it opened up a whole new world of books for me and I'll always respect it for that.


On The Ropes Series
By Aly Martinez


This series by this author, in particular, made me realize how high I can set my standards for all contemporary romances I read after it. It made me realize how low my initial standards were because I had yet to find a well written and emotionally potent contemporary romance book.


The Veil Series By Pippa DaCosta &
Crossbreed Series By Dannika Dark


Both these series made me realize how much better a book can be if it has likable characters and a well built and well introduced world behind it. These series made me more critical of books in the urban fantasy and sci-fi genres that gloss over important information and only bring it up when it's needed. These series built a world and set its rules to a degree that I could predict (and still get wrong) the possible outcomes to outrageous problems.
Was Twilight your "gateway" book?
If not, what book was?
Let's discuss in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. I have never read any of the Olsen Twin books, that's my daughter's generation, but I think I have seen every one of their films and owned all these CDS, because my daughter loved them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter and me are in the same boat! My childhood consisted of Mary-Kate & Ashley and Barbie everything :)

      Delete
  2. I'm also a sucker for pretty book covers ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool topic. Stephen King was my gateway author. I wouldn’t be a reader if I hadn’t discovered his books when I was 11.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read a book written by Stephen King. I had a few paperbacks of his books when I was around 10 years odl but they always seemed too scary to me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...