If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 6, 2017

My Ramblings: Are Matchy-Matchy Book Covers A Must?

Are Matchy-Matchy Book Covers A Must?

My answer: YES.

I've made it clear in past 'My Ramblings' posts that I am a bit OCD when it comes to my books/bookshelves. Book series, in particular, that don't match make it so my shelf looks strange. Money isn't falling from the sky just yet so I don't want to have to buy a series multiple times just because the publisher decided they needed to change things up to sell more books.

That last sentence came off quite a bit bitter and I can truthfully tell you that I am bitter. I despise it when publishers redesign covers for the fun of it or in preparation of the last book in the series that's going to be released. Why not publish all the books in the series in one cohesive cover theme and then a few months down the line redesign them?

There are probably quite a few business strategies that go over my head that makes what I said earlier a bad business decision, but what about the fans? Do I need to buy the ebooks first and after everything is in paperback rebuy them for my shelf if I want everything to look like they are in the same series?

I'm angrier than I thought I'd be for this topic. Can you tell how pissy I get when you mess with my bookshelf and how I know it should look vs how it actually looks because everyone thinks it's a good idea to switch things up in the middle of it all? Can you tell that I like 'change' even less?

Are you OCD with your bookshelf/shelves?
Do you like cohesive covers in a book series?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...