If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Audio Book Review: Tease By Geri Glenn

Tease
(Kings of Korruption MC #2)
By Geri Glenn

Narrator: Joe Arden & Maxine Mitchell
Length: 5 hours and 23 minutes

Laynie

Smile when you’re happy, cry when you’re sad and don’t ever be afraid to try something new. These are the words I live by. We only get one shot at this life, and I intend to live the best one I can. I had it all growing up. Popularity, beauty, great friends and a perfect family. But then one day, it all changed – now I’m blind. I’ve never let that stop me though. Life is an adventure and I believe in making the best out of every moment.

I spend my days with a job I love, online friends and a sexy new book boyfriend every week. I know in my heart that someday, my own prince charming will come along and appreciate me for exactly who I am – I won’t settle for anything less. Meeting Tease seems like the beginning of my fairy tale … until he opens his mouth.

Tease

I don’t trust people – ever. Every single person I’ve ever loved has contributed, in one way or another, to the shit show that is my life. Keeping everyone I meet at arm’s length, I work hard at being the star of most people’s nightmares. People think I’m a monster and honestly – they’re right.

Laynie’s beauty is what caught my eye, but her personality is what held it. Laynie’s the only person to ever see past my appearance and break down the walls I’ve worked so hard to build. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her. When things heat up with a rival club, and Laynie gets caught in the crossfire, I will unleash hell on earth to protect the woman who makes me want to trust someone again. When bullets start flying and bodies start piling up, keeping her safe may be the last thing I ever do.

Note: This book contains violence, strong language and descriptive sexual situations. It is intended for readers over the age of 18.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* Be warned: This review turned out more negative than I intended it to.

This novel was better than the first one in this series, but not by much. The lack of detail about how the MC worked (hierarchy, are there more members than presented, how they get their money) bothered me. The universe the author created could have been so much better if it had been fleshed out beyond the couples story and the few other "member" interactions. The chemistry (yet again) was nowhere to be found, for me, in this novel. 

I liked Laynie's spunk and sense of humor. Even though she's blind, she doesn't stop living life to it's fullest. It's mentioned that she works with people who are having a hard time adjusting to being blind. I wish we could have sat in on a session because the author skims over it. It would make for a very interesting side story.

Tease (aka Trevor) intrigued me in the first novel, but he didn't captivate me with his novel. I understand that he's had it very rough growing up. He came off very one dimensional, I think there should have been more (emotional) range to him as a character. 

The deaths and violence that was going on felt like an afterthought that was just thrown into the story without building anything up to it. The ending was resolved way too easily. Everything came together too quickly to be believable. Another thing that bothered me was that the swearing felt forced. I don't know how to explain it. I have no problem with swearing (I actually quite enjoy it), but the way the dialogue was written made it seem forced and unnatural. We can all agree that just because these are supposed to be "bad*ss bikers" that not everyone has to swear like a sailor at all times.

The Audio Book:

The narration (for both narrators) was nice. I could distinguish each individual character while I was listening.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...