If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Book Review: Chaos Unleashed By Pippa DaCosta

Chaos Unleashed
(Chaos Rises #2)
By Pippa DaCosta

From the ashes of the fallen demon court, a new threat rises…

Raised in a lab and trained to kill, I might not know much about being human, but I do know demons, and they don’t come more dangerous than the Prince of Pride—the devil.

My brother is trapped at the heart of Fairhaven—a demon stronghold. To get him back, I need Pride’s help. Trained to kill princes, I know I can’t trust this one. He’ll lie, cheat, and manipulate to get what he wants: a new Dark Court so that he can rise again as its leader. His pretty words and burned wings don’t fool me. I’ll use him and any means necessary to save my brother. I don’t have a choice. If I fail, if I can’t control the elemental forces gathering inside Fairhaven, chaos will be unleashed, creating a new Hell on Earth.

My makers tell me I’m too demon to love, too demon to care. But they made me this way. Now it’s time to show them all how demon I can be.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

This was such an amazing continuation to the first book in this series. I adored every torturous moment of anxiety this novel produced in me. Until the last 2 chapters this novel could have been renamed 'Uncertainty' due to all of the what-if's that were so present in the story.

Gem was fantastic and as headstrong as ever. Her inner turmoil is just as present in this novel as it was in the first novel. I'm so glad things started getting better for her by the end of this novel. 

I absolutely despise the plot twist that happened to Torrent. Can't Gem and him be happy together? That was just heart wrenching. I had to stop reading for a moment to compose myself enough to rationalize not throwing my iPad into the nearest hard surface. I love Torrent. He didn't deserve that, self sacrificing as it may be. 

I hate to say it, but that ending was suspiciously too close to a cliffhanger. The big bad villain of the story had been resolved, but there's still 25% of a problem. I need that figured out ASAP. On to a more positive note, we get a glimpse of a Veil Series character! It was exciting seeing them through Gem's eyes. 

P.S. Pride was incredible.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Being human isn't something you're born with. It's something you learn."

"I'd been looking for a home, but what if home wasn't a place? Maybe it was a person."

"You're so afraid of the lies around you that you don't see your own."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...