If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Book Review: Chaos Rising By Pippa Dacosta

Chaos Rising
(Chaos #1)
By Pippa Dacosta

Release Date: June 29th

'When the veil fell, any half bloods not strong enough to withstand Chaos were torn apart. Some, like me and my brother, survived The Fall. Most did not.

That's the good news. The bad news saw a whole other world try and devour ours. Demons, we call them. They came in countless waves. Destroying. Killing. Many people thought it was the end...

The Fall lasted a week.

Tens of thousands died.

Hell almost claimed our world as its own.

And then, from one day to the next, it was over. The veil came back, stronger than ever. I'm not sure if anyone knows how it was put right. But I do know it's been six months since The Fall, me and my brother are on the run, and the leftover demons aren't the most dangerous things in LA.
We are.'
____________________________________________________

"They have no defence against chaos." ~ Asmodeus, Ties That Bind, #5 The Veil Series.

Set in the same 'world' as the Veil Series, Chaos Rises, #1 The Chaos Series will feature some of the characters we love (and hate?), and also introduce some new faces. 

The streets of LA are about to become a demon proving ground. Chaos will find a way. And as the Prince of Greed once said, "When chaos reigns, the veil falls."
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

* I received an eARC from the author in exchange of an honest review.

Mrs. Dacosta has done it again. I adored this book. This book left me with so many emotions that it may take a while to sift through. I felt like I was being bombarded by every twist and turn of the plot. Yet, at the same time, I felt like I was running around in circles the entire book and loving every minute of it.

I liked how unstable Gem (AKA Gamma) seemed to be. In The Veil series, it's said that the Institute's 'experiment half bloods' are unstable, be it power wise or mentally. I liked how it was written. Gem's unhinged and volatile nature came off very distinctly throughout the novel.

Torrent started out so fierce and 'easy going', but ended up seeming just as cold and heartless as every other demon Gem encountered. I understood the reasoning behind it, because if I were betrayed and tortured that many times in an apocalyptic world you can bet I would eventually get to a state of mind where no fucks would be given. Even so, I want them together. Their powers are almost complementary to each other and the chemistry is there. I hope Gem can help him in some way.

The ending was so awesome and yet so heartbreaking. I loved what happened to Allard because he totally got what he deserved. With Gem, for a few seconds, I actually thought that things were going to work out, but I should have known that the author would strike. Even though things weren't perfect they could be fixed with time. Then all of a sudden Torrent happens and things seem to go right back to square one.

My Favorite Quotes:

"They'd made me their weapon. Now watch me work."

"They didn't yet know that chaos can't be controlled."

"If they wanted me to rise, so be it. I'd rise, and I'd do exactly what I was made to do: kill them."

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...