If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Book Review: Blind Tiger By Rachel Vincent

Blind Tiger
(Wildcats #2)
By Rachel Vincent

Robyn Sheffield wants her life back.

As the only female stray in the US, she's had to deal with bloodlust, flashbacks, a lack of impulse control (which might not have anything to do with being a shifter), and weeks under house arrest for crimes she never meant to commit. But when she overhears the territorial council plotting to marry her off to an eligible tom? It's time for this chick to fly the coop.

Titus Alexander wants recognition.

He’s spent the past year carving his territory out of the Mississippi free zone, forming a community for strays exiled and forgotten by the US Prides. As the first stray Alpha, he’s sworn to bring the toms under his authority the rights, support, and respect that official confirmation from the council will bring. But then the council’s precious female stray sneaks into the free zone in the back of his car and demands sanctuary.

The council gives Titus a choice: send Robyn back and have his Pride acknowledged, or prepare for war. Citizenship for his men is within his grasp. So why is it so hard for him to let one rebellious tabby go?

This can be read as a standalone.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&NSmashwords | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I loved the original Shifters series by this author. I'm so glad this book didn't let me down. The overall pace of the story kept me from wanting to put this down. I'd love to read more stories set in this universe from different character's point of views.

I adore Titus. He's exactly the right amount alpha as he is caring. It's hard for most authors to nail it (from my years of experience with romance novels), but this was amazing. 

Robyn was very entertaining and sneaky (when it was beneficial to her). I liked her overall, but I didn't enjoy her martyring herself at the near end. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand that fighting wasn't going to end well, but living a life she knew was going to be terrible and controlling doesn't level things out in my mind.
I would love to see a novel with Justus as the main character. He's been through so much. I'm sure he deserves a happily ever after, or in the least some company to help him through it all.

The very ending was awesome, but not surprising. Considering this is a standalone I wasn't expecting anything to be left to the wind. I didn't know how the author would pull it off, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

My Favorite Quote:

"False hope is never better."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...