If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review: Protecting Her Six By Trinity Rose

Protecting Her Six
(Men of Elite Securities #1)

By Trinity Rose


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 18, 2016

Timber

After years of struggling, doors slamming in her face and endless tears Timberlee McNamara bursts on the to Country music scene as one of the hottest rising stars. To celebrate her success, a party is held in her honor, but turns into a night that changes her life.

Brutalized, laying in a hospital bed with no clear recollection of what happened that night, her sister Tamara offers a slice of hope.

Elliot

A loner by choice with no family, only the family of brothers he has that were forged out of blood and fire in Afghanistan.

Now stateside, this brotherhood of Men of Elite Securities are doing jobs that are slightly above the law.

Hired to protect Timber when the local law can no longer help, he keeps her safe at his cabin.

Both have their scars to bare, both have reasons to not fall in love, but one thing he will always do is

Protect Her Six.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
***
My Review:

* I received an eARC from the author in exchange of an honest review. 

I liked this novel as a whole. It was a nice quick read and it left me wanting to read more because during this story two other couple stories were 'set up'. It's gotten me intrigued to the point of almost stalking the author looking for a sequel.

Timber was a very interesting character, but she seemed to get over everything that happened way too fast. I also wanted to know more about her singing career, but it's only touched upon in the beginning of the book. Other than that she's a very likable character, I just wish she was more witty.

As much as I liked Elliot, he seemed to come off way too strong at times. He was also hot and cold in certain situations where a rational conversation would have been the correct way to handle everything. I did like how protective he was of Timber and how he went to great lengths to take care of her.

Overall, this was a good story. Even though I wish there were more plot twists, this was a very straight forward story with a cute epilogue ending. I'm intrigued enough to want to continue reading books in this series.

*I'd also like to mention that I hope that this book goes through one more round of editing before being published because all the grammatical errors (as much as I tried to overlook them) made reading this book tad bit less enjoyable.

My Favorite Quotes:

No favorite quotes for this novel.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...