If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Audio Book Review: Ignited By Desni Dantone

Ignited
(Ignited #1)
By Desni Dantone

Narrated By: Lisa Larsen
Seventeen year old Kris Young is on the run from a throng of superhuman golden-eyed freaks hell-bent on seeing her dead, and she doesn't know why. Good thing she has her guardian angel to protect her...sort of.

Kris is aided by Nathan, the mysterious man that ends up being anything but angelic when he rescues her for the fourth time in fourteen years. Even if the handsome hero illusion is shattered by his harsh treatment of her, he knows how to fight this strange enemy and is determined to keep her safe at all costs.

As the body count rises in their wake, Nathan introduces Kris to a world in which not everyone is human and the battle lines between good and evil are clearly drawn. Kris's piece in the puzzle is something neither is aware of and, as they uncover the truth, neither is prepared for what they find. Overcoming twists and revelations that shatter both of their lives, they discover that nothing is as it seems and nothing, least of all their hearts, are safe.

From debut author, Desni Dantone, Ignited is the first novel in a tale of first love, mystery and adventure that will introduce you to an exciting new world as Kris discovers how she fits in it.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |
My Review:

This book wasn't for me. The beginning was very interesting and I could stand the love triangle, but after about 3 hours of listening to the audio book I couldn't stand Kris's whining. I understand that the situation was hard and that a lot of things were hitting the metaphorical fan, but is it too much to ask to only be told what was going on instead of having to go through an hour of whining every time something went bad?

I also had a problem with Nathen. Before everything clicked into place I was on his side of the love triangle, but by the end of it all, I had 'Twilight' flashbacks of Jacob and Renesmee and my stomach started churning. No offense to anyone who loves Twilight because I have read the books and it was that book series that got me into reading vampire and werewolf romances, but with all the books I've read since then I realize that there are much better books out there.

Alec was presented as a possible boyfriend, then suddenly he turns out to be an enemy, but he becomes a friend again by the end of it all... He was just all over the place and his motive, when asked why he was helping, was 'because I like you'. You're telling me that you'd risk your life for someone you met a week ago? How does that sound plausible?

So this review turned out to be a lot more ranting, than actual reviewing. To conclude, I can't recommend this book because of all the whining. Having said all that, I will probably start the next book out of pure curiosity because of the mild cliffhanger.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...