If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 19, 2014

Movie Review: Vampire Academy

**Movie Review**





Vampire
Academy







Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human/vampire, guardians of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discretely within our world. Her legacy is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi. This is her story.






My Review:

Being as I'm stuck in Brazil I had to wait for this to come out on DVD and had to pay a small fortune for this to get to me. I'm also late on all the ramblings this movie has awakening in the Book Blogging Community, but I'd still like to put in my 2 cents.

I just don't know why everyone is so against this movie. I've read Vampire Academy as a book series and sure it was awesome. I must admit that I didn't really have any expectations when I went to watch this movie. The reason behind that is because of ALL the horrible things the bloggers I follow have been saying about it. 

Well here's a news flash guys: NO movie will EVER be able to capture the book in it's original form. If you can get that through your head then you can watch this with an open mind. 

Yes, it's not perfect. Hell, I hated the casting. Dimitri especially. He's looks like he's 30 in the movie. I imagined him as a 23-24 year old when I read the series. So yes, I have issues with this movie, BUT it. Wasn't. As. Bad. As. Everyone. Keeps. Saying.

With that out of the way, let me also say that it seemed VERY rushed. The mood was also too juvenile and pushed to hard to be funny. That took a lot away from the movie. 

Final Considerations:

This movie (for a movie) was OK. It wasn't epic (like the books) and it wasn't awful (like the 2 hour long Harry Potter movies I had to endure watching. I'm not a fan of those, please don't hurt me for saying that!). It was a nice average. If your a hardcore fan and even a detail out of place makes your head hurt I wouldn't recommend this, but if your laid back and just want to see an awesome book series come to life on the big screen without judging, then this is for you. 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...