If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Book Review: Avoiding Alpha By Aileen Erin

Avoiding Alpha
(Alpha Girl #2)
By Aileen Erin



Seventeen-year-old Tessa McCaide has come a long way since her abrupt entrance into the world of werewolves, but she still has just as far to go before she’s comfortable with turning full wolf. In the meantime, she’s avoiding the topic of shifting to four legs any way she can. Thankfully her mate, Dastien Laurent, is quite the distraction.

When she finds her best friend, Meredith, getting sick in the bathroom, Tessa knows something’s majorly wrong. Meredith was cursed years ago, and the dark magic kept her wolf dormant—only now the wolf is awake, and that same spell is killing her.

Tessa has no intention of sitting around while Meredith wastes away. Even if it means playing with magic she doesn’t understand, she’ll do anything to save Meredith’s life. Including bargaining with the local coven of witches and its crazed leader, whose only goal is getting Tessa to join the witchy ranks.

Can Tessa save her friend without losing herself?

***A 52K Word Novella***
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iTunes |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


P.S. I just now read in the synopsis that this "novel" was a Novella all along. Assuming things makes an a** out of you and me...-facepalm-

My Review:

* An eARC was provided by the publisher in exchange of an honest review.

I started this book with my head wrapped too tightly around reading about MOSTLY Dastien & Tessa moments. I got what I was waiting for by the last 4 or 5 chapters, but since I'm selfish I still wanted more.

This was a VERY fast and short read. Then again, the plot worked with that rhythm. It was a simple yet fear inducing plot. By the middle of the book I was rooting for Meredith to meet her end already because I just COULDN'T have Tessa do what she was planning to do. BUT, you can't ever doubt the villains and their I've-already-won-so-I'll-just-go-up-to-you-and-tell-you-what-I-did-and-how-you-could-have-fixed/prevented-it-from-ever-happening speech. That goes out to you, Luciana -wink,wink-.

Dastien was just as swoon worthy in this novel as he was in the last. I love how he respects, cherishes and cares for Tessa. It also meant a lot when he would actually hear her out (with her insecurities or just plane silliness) and put her at ease. It's a breath of fresh air when you read about a guy like that. Nowadays, all I'm finding are territorial, alpha males who do what they want when they want. 

"But I can tell you're happy, and if I did something that made you feel that way, I'd like to know so I can make you feel that way again."

Tessa is an awesome role model. She fights for what's right and would do ANYTHING to save a friend. Even if it means self sacrifice (which I don't approve of, but let's leave it at that). The moment she and Dastien had in the woods (Get your head out of the gutter! Sheesh! I'm not talking about THAT! LOL) was so sweet. It's like they're almost "complete". I mean that in the I-have-accepted-you-as-my-mate-forever thing.

"I can't tell it that's uber creepy or kind of sweet...I'm leaning toward creepy."

The ending wasn't a cliff hanger (Thank God!). BUT, it did end in that not-so-ending vibe. I hope book #3 picks up right where this book ends, or I'm going to throw a temper tantrum. In case you were wondering, even at the ripe age of 18 I am still capable of that -insert evil laugh here-.

Favorite Quotes:

"Avoidance, deflection, and repression were my BFFs lately. And I couldn't forget about handy, dandy redirection."

"Well, you balance me. I never laughed this much before you came into my life. Sure, you get into crazy situations, but I like being there for you. It makes me happy and keeps things interesting. I like that I can do thing for you. Sharing my life with you."

"I took a bite of pot roast and moaned. This got me a double eyebrow raise from Dastien. Now, if only I could get you to make that noise when we're alone."  ..... I couldn't resist LOL C;

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...