If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Review: A Shade Of Blood By Bella Forrest

A Shade of Blood
(A Shade of Vampire #2) 
By Bella Forrest 

In A Shade Of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…


When Sofia Claremont was kidnapped to a sunless island, uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet, she believed she’d forever be a captive of its dark ruler, Derek Novak.

Now, after months of surviving an endless night, the morning sun may soon rise again for Sofia. Something has possessed Derek’s heart and he offers her a gift no human slave has ever been given in the history of his cursed island: escape.

High school, prom and a chance to move on with her life now await her.

But will she be able to forget the horrors that steal her sleep away at night? … and the feelings that haunt her for that tormented prince of darkness?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review: 

Oh god...I feel like the author just put me through a cheese grater and has left me to try and mend myself back together. There was SOOO much drama and confusion that I was ready to give up at various points in the novel, but just when I decided "I give up" the author would throw a plot twist that I just HAD to continue with the story. To say it was exhausting is putting it mildly.

All the redeeming qualities Sofia had were washed down stream after the decision she made in the end of book 1. This novel did nothing to lessen that. After she did what she did and got back home (which she did to appease Ben) all she did was whine that she wanted Derek. It was really annoying since she really had NOTHING to go back to. So why go back, right?

When Sofia finally found her backbone and put an end to the annoyance that was Ben, she went and did something so out of character that I actually had to re-read a couple paragraphs. Multiple. Times. It felt so forced her having done that and fallen right back in love with him after she finds out all that he did. I just didn't see the logic behind it all.

In this novel we also find out A LOT about Sofia's long lost family. Though I can't get into detail on it since I would be giving two plot twist's away and that really wouldn't be fair. To. Anyone. It's what kept me reading this book and what will probably make me buy and read book 3. Darn you, plot twists.

I despise Ben. According to him the world would be a perfect place without the Vampires. I call BS, Ben. The world was NEVER perfect. If it weren't for the Vampires, he would still have to deal with gangs, violence in general, assassinations, drugs, I could go on for days on end. Conclusion: He's a hypocrite. He also did have a way of convincing Sofia to do his every bidding (which was getting on my nerves). When he finally corned her and kissed her I thought I was going to hurl....Just. Don't. Go. There. Mrs. Forrest. Ben was also on a role about wanting vengeance. Everything bad that happened in his life (ex: loosing Sofia, his getting a paper cut, him having a head ache) was then blamed on The Shade.

While all the above was happening Mr. Derek Novak was using the excuse of "the love of my life is gone" to go CRAZY. By that statement I mean rape, murder and everything in between. From that point on I started to see that he had no redeeming qualities. I, now, don't see what Sofia sees in him. 

The ending was mind blowing. After the plot twist of her father I thought that was it for the story. Mrs. Forrest is crazy good at slapping you in the face while pulling the rug from under you with a plot twist. I would congratulate her, but I'm just to angry at the moment.

Favorite Quotes:

"The island is several shades darker without you. We'll miss your light."

"The darkness is coming."

"Even the lionesses fear the king of the pride."

"Oversized meany..." - Abby (Ben's little sister)

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...