If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Book Review: Spartan Frost By Jennifer Estep

Spartan Frost
(Mythos Academy #4.5)
By Jennifer Estep


I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was — until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.
Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story …
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I've been a fan of this series since the beginning. It's also a plus that I really like Gwen and Logan as a couple.  It was really nice to get inside Logan's head in this novella for a change. He proved that he's as hard on the outside and just as caring on the inside. Though it didn't get into his love for Gwen, he did mention how he cared about her and was scared to see her again after the incident in the ending of book 4.

Like every book in this series the only complain I have would be the repeating of key details. I am a fan of the series wouldn't it be calling me dumb by repeating every sordid detail every time it came up in the story? For example the story behind Logan's sadness came out around book 2 or 3 and it's already book 5 coming out, don't you think that's a key enough detail for me NOT to forget? Don't even get me started on what type of magic every character in the series has. It's OK to mention it once in the beginning or even make a chart at the end of the book or after the index, but mentioning it every 30 pages or so gets tiring to say the least. 

Overall, very good novella. I will be looking forward to the next book. 

Favorite Quotes:

"I didn't want to talk to the Reapers- I just wanted to kill them".

"Agrona wasn't going to hurt anyone else that I cared about. Never again, I vowed (...)".


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...