If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 26, 2021

Audio Book Review: Apollyon By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apollyon
(Covenant #4)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Length: 11 hours and 19 minutes
Narrator: Justine Eyre

Fate isn't something to mess with and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex's power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex's connection to Seth isn't the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole an Apollyon can't be killed theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer or she might become the God Killer herself.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Remember all the good things I was spouting about this series in my last review? Well, that's over and done with now. I very rarely say that I've hated something. Well, this is one of those times. I despised this book so damn much. It started out with a mistake (that was totally my fault). I thought that Exile was just a novella in between the novels. I didn't know it was an important part of the story. I actually did look into the audio book for it but the narrator made me cringe so I skipped it. Little did I know that it would end up with my starting this book confused as all heck. 

To pile onto an already unpleasant situation this book dragged on and on. There was filler content everywhere. Don't even get me started on the hour and a half of "My Seth" this and "My Seth" that, that I had to endure. I'd like to thank from the bottom of my cold black heart the GR reviewer who said that most of this book was indeed filler content and that the important events happen starting at Chapter 34. So if I'm being honest I only listened to around 5 hours of this book. After what it put me through you bet I'm still counting this was a full book read. I deserve at least that much for putting up with this book for as long as I did.

I couldn't stand Alex. The "My Seth" this and "My Seth" that thing she had going on was SO ANNOYING. I still don't think he's redeemable in any way, shape, or form. Aiden still doesn't seem to have a personality aside from being Alex's beau. That was actually more apparent in this book than ever before. The secondary characters were a blur and so were the gods. For being these all-powerful creatures they really let things go for this to be happening. *Face Palm*

I don't even want to know the ending to this series anymore if I'm being honest. This book exhausted me and I don't want to put up with Alex, Seth, and Aiden anymore. Only time will tell if I ever pick up the next book.

The Audio Book:

The narrations are slowly and slightly improving with each listen or I'm getting used to the bad and can't tell the difference anymore. The problem isn't Justine, it's the microphone that she was given/used to record these books. It's slightly muffled and overall bad sounding.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...