If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 1, 2021

Book Review: Reclaimed By Jaymin Eve

Reclaimed
(Shadow Beast Shifters #2)
By Jaymin Eve 

They all made a terrible mistake. One they will pay for.

For the past ten years I’ve been a victim. A victim to my pack. A victim to my true mate, who rejected me in the most brutal of ways. And a victim to Shadow Beast, who used me for his own gains.

Or did he?

The beast of mystery never reveals his whole hand, but one thing is for sure… in my time with him, I've changed. Now I will no longer walk the path dictated by the powerful men in my life. Never again will I let my strength be taken from me.

I must evolve or die.

And we all know, with a choice like that, there’s really only one answer.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I absolutely despise this author for her heartbreaking cliffhangers and I will stand by that forevermore. This cliffhanger was even worse than the first book in this trilogy! How can she achieve such a feat? I'll tell you how! By writing such amazing characters that I can't help but care about and fall in love with. Darn you, Jaymin Eve!

Even though I took my sweet sweet time reading this book and dragged my feet as long as I could I loved this book so much. On a more serious note, I'll be patiently waiting for Book #3 releasing in March and slowly dying inside until then. In other news, the universe the author created with this trilogy is SO interesting! There are SO many potential spin-offs too! I can't wait to see what's going to come from this trilogy.

Mera stilled proved herself to be a kick*ss heroine until the end. I loved her snarky one-liners and her talent to poke at Shadow was still unmatched. She was very emotional in the second half of this book due to the circumstances she's found herself in. It was certainly understandable. Now I just need to know how everything is going to work out for her and Shadow!

Shadow definitely grew some in this story (*wink wink* but no. Literally. Read it, you'll understand). He's still not the most stable of people but he does seem to be developing more of a tolerance to Mera's jabs at him when he's being less than pleasant. By the end, he was on the verge of something big between them but then the cliffhanger happened!

The ending needs to be burned in h*ll for being so hurtful and anxiety-inducing. I don't know what to do with myself until the next book releases. If you need me I'll be in my corner slowly rocking. I'll see you when I see you.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I am what I am. If you can't handle me, that's your issue."

"I have a lot of scars. [...] Both inside and out, but they don't define me."

"I wasn't a sunrise. I was a forest fire."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...