If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Settings

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Most of the books I read don't make for a reasonable chance of my survival in their stories so I'll be switching up today's topic to:

Favorite Book Settings

* Series names linked to Goodreads

1. Mageri/Crossbreed/Seven Series Universe
By Dannika Dark

The amount and the diversity of paranormal creatures that this author set in her universe is fascinating!





2. The Veil Series
By Pippa DaCosta

The love how this author merged the human world with demons and made it her own.





3. Red Winter Trilogy
By Annette Marie

The author created such a realistic and intriguing world based on Japanese folklore that takes my breath away!






4. Steel & Stone Series
By Annette Marie

She also put her twist into demons and included parallel worlds with an intricate mythology of its own.





5. Shifters/Wildcats Series
By Rachel Vincent

The universe that started way back with her Shifters series recently got bigger with the inclusion of the Wildcats series. Thanks to that secondary series everything feels much bigger with a realistic and dangerous element of getting exposed to the humans that her initial series didn't deal with as much.

What's your favorite bookish setting?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Great topic! Red Winter looks like a book I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few Rachel Vincent's- I've been surprised how many books she's written! And I love worlds with a large variety of fae or paranormal creatures, rather than just the usual few.

    Japanese folklore seems like it'd be really rife with potential too for urban fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally looked up all of Rachel Vincent's books and I was SO surprised by the number! I just wish there was a publisher behind her Wildcats series so we could get at least a book a year :/

      Japanese folklore + Urban Fantasy sounds like an amazing mix! I'd happily read more books with that mix :)

      Delete
  3. I think so too! I don't know if you're into graphic novels/ comics at all (if not just ignore this) but if you are- have you seen Wayward? It's kind of an urban fantasy GN set in Tokyo.

    https://www.amazon.com/Wayward-Vol-1-String-Theory/dp/1632151731

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get into more graphic novels and comics so I'll definitely check this out! Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...