If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 5, 2018

My Ramblings: Paranormal Experiences: Are You A Believer?

Paranormal Experiences: Are You A Believer?

Halloween has been my favorite time of year since I can remember. Dressing up and going trick or treating as a kid was the highlight of my year. That probably helps explain why I was a horror buff for quite a few years in my early teenagehood.

In the spirit of Halloween let's talk about paranormal experiences/occurrences. I like to think of myself as an open-minded person even when it comes to the spirit realm and paranormal side of things. I love watching videos of people recounting their paranormal encounters because it's not something that's very prominent in my life (which I am thankful for!).

Since it's October I thought it would be fun to share a few strange and/or paranormal things that have happened to me over the years. For most of the "paranormal" happenings in my life, you'll need a bit of backstory to the place I was living at the time.

The Story:

This was over ten years ago. I had just moved to Brazil at the time with my mom. My dad thought it was a good idea to buy an apartment unit in a building we had never even seen pictures of while he was overseas because the location was good. Fastword to the day we got to Brazil, we find out that this building was initially condemned by the city more than a decade ago but people had moved into it for so long that they couldn't legally get everyone out without providing a new place for them so the city just left it as it was. This was (and I believe still is) the tallest building in the city and over the years a lot of people have died there from either an overdose, accident or pure happenstance. Even through all that, our apartment unit was great because it had recently been remodeled. 

Now to the strange occurrences: 

1. Our TV would randomly turn on and off at all hours of the day. It also wasn't a power outage because if there was a light that was on somewhere else in this apartment it wouldn't even blink.

2. During the day when I would go toward the kitchen, I would see a figure of a woman with highrise shorts washing dishes in the sink. 

3. There were days when my mom and I would hear our names being called. Example: It was usually when she was in the living room (keep in mind that this apartment was very small) and I would be in my room and she would come into the room and ask why I called her name and I would look at her with confusion because I never said anything.

4. The shower and faucets turned on when no one was around them.

5. The cover of our trash can in the kitchen would continuously rotate (like someone had just hit the lid intentionally hard) when no one was next to it, but we were close enough to see a strange movement.   

6. Our neighbor said, at the time, that when he would take the stairs in the mornings (because the janky elevator freaked him out) he would see a figure of a woman walking calmly down the stairs ahead of him.

After we moved away from that place everything stopped. Our TV going into that place was brand new because we had just moved to Brazil and had to repurchase everything. That same trash can is with us to this day and it doesn't do that after we got away from there as well. 

I'm not one to joke around with ghosts and paranormal occurrences. I like to believe that as long as I treat the place, the object, the occurrence with respect that nothing inherently bad will come of it. As big as the universe is, in my opinion, it would be naive of me to not believe in the possibility of another dimension of some kind.

Have you had a paranormal experience?
Do you believe in ghosts?
I'd love to hear your stories in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's really creepy. I don't think I have had any paranormal experiences, but I love hearing about other people's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time it definitely freaked me and my mom out! There were quite a few people who had similar, if not even wilder stories to tell about that place. Hearing about other people's paranormal stories is so fascinating to me too :)

      Delete
  2. That is freaky! I grew up being told "that stuff doesn't exist" but I don't know- I do think there is a spirit realm and/ or other dimensions, like you said. How could there not be almost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so freaky during that time! I don't think anyone ever told me not to believe in paranormal stuff but it was never something that was brought up in daily conversations. As a kid I read a lot so I guess no one bothered to quell my imagination. Now it's gotten to the point where I'm open minded enough to respect events that have very little reasonable explanation to them more than the average person.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...