If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, August 17, 2018

Movie Review: The Matchmaker's Playbook

The Matchmaker's Playbook


In Rachel Van Dyken's Best Selling novel, former NFL recruit Ian Hunter is one of the masterminds behind Wingmen, Inc., a word-of-mouth dating service, that helps the girl get the guy she's always wanted. But when Blake Olson requests the services of Wingmen, Inc., and she begins the transformation from hot mess to smokin' hot, Ian realizes he's in danger of breaking his cardinal rule...





My Review:

I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. This movie has just the right amount of cheesiness in it to be entertaining and distracting from the, at times, robotic lines and slightly off acting.

I haven't read the novel that this movie is based on because it's not the type of storyline I usually go for in my novels, but if it's half as entertaining as this movie then it's a keeper. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hasn't watched a romantic movie in the last 7 years.

I loved the look to camera narration shots because it usually broke the tension by over explaining a specific storyline. The way they found to incorporate that and make me like it was fantastic.

This movie was produced by Passionflix. It's a company whose focus is to bring books to life in the form of a movie or series. It's trying to get right was so many other companies got wrong with so many books, which is amazing of them! They're slowly releasing new content and have a great lineup of future releases set. I hope Passionflix gets big enough to branch out into other book genres like paranormal romance, urban fantasy and a little bit of sci-fi.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I like Van Dyken. I have read a ton of her books, as contemporary romances are my thing. I am so intrigued by PassionFlix. Glad to hear the movie was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only dabble in contemporary romances, so liking this as much as I did was a bit surprising. If you liked her novels you'll probably appreciate this movie more than I ever could. PassionFlix is amazing! I hope they keep growing and producing book to movie/series adaptations :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...