If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved But Will Never Re-Read

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

This Week's Topic:
Books I Loved But Will Never Re-Read 

1. You're Never Weird On The Internet By Felicia Day

I love everything about her book, but it's not something I want to re-read considering the number of books I have on my never-ending to-be-read pile.

2. Red Winter Trilogy By Annette Marie

This trilogy was way too emotionally potent and I don't want to go through all that again especially now that I know what I'm going into. It's a beautiful story, but once was more than enough for me!

3. Yes Please By Amy Poehler

As interesting as getting to know her life story through her book was it doesn't have re-reading potential for me.

4. Ace By Lyra Parish

This was supposed to be a series and when I found out that the author has put off future books for this series I felt annoyed. I got invested in the characters because she'd made it clear that there would be future books in the series early on. I understand that things change and the inevitable happens, but I really wanted a sequel.

5. The Eternal Balance Series By Jus Accardo

I loved this series and the characters, but I don't consider reading it again.

Do you have books you loved but won't re-read?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I could read memoirs more than once. I'm just not that interested to give most of them another go around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think that's what I was trying to get at subconsciously when I was creating this post :)

      Delete
  2. I have never re-read a book. Once I know the story, I know the story. That is really frustrating about Ace. I hope the book didn't end in a cliff hanger. I read the Killer Unicorn books by Diana Peterfreund, and then she never finished the series. It made me so mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to never re-read, but I figured out that after a few years I usually forget certain details in the story. Re-reading turned into a whole new experience after that. Ace was supposed to be part of the Band Of Brothers series which were standalone stories for each person in the band. It didn't end in a cliffhanger, but I got invested in all the other characters. It's just annoying to be let down after having confirmation that there would be more books. I have quite of few series that I've started over the years that have never had a conclusion. I'm right there with you :)

      Delete
  3. I had some books on my list that were emotionally draining. I enjoyed the books the first time but I don't think I can go through that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that reminds me of The Fault In Our Stars By John Green. That was a VERY emotionally draining book. I should have put it on this list! I totally agree with you. Once in a lifetime was enough for me :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...