If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

This Week's Topic:
Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR
The Longest That I Still Haven’t Read

*TBR: To Be Read

1. Hidden (Dragonlands #1) By Megg Jensen
I went through a dragon phase a few years ago and this book was one of the few that got left behind. As interesting as the story sounds it's been gathering dust for quite a few years.

2. Invaded (Alienated #2) By Melissa Landers
Up until this book released I was so hyped for it. I adored the first one and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. After release day, I managed to win a hardcover copy of this in a giveaway. It got to me 30 days later and I haven't touched it since. 

3. Shattered (Scorched #2) By Mari Mancusi
This is yet another remnant of my dragon phase, except this is a sequel of an interesting book that probably took too long to release. It didn't hold my attention enough for me to bother picking up the sequel.

4. Fractured Suns (Broken Skies #2) By Theresa Kay
I draw a blank on the first book in this series. The annoying part is that I remember it being such a good book. This is another one that probably took too long to release and lost my interest.

5. Undeniably Chosen (Significance Series #5) By Shelly Crane
I adore this authors Significance series, but I have yet to find myself in the mood to read this story in particular. This is a spin-off of the storyline of the first 5 books. This book follows a different couple. I love the world Shelly created.

6. Dawn Of Ash (Imdalind #6) By Rebecca Ethington
This series has a special place in my heart, but the hard time Rebecca was having in her life in the last few years bled into her writing. She's already admitted to it and I can't disagree. The 5th book in this series was good but it was missing something for me. She's in the process of cleaning them up and I hope to eventually pick it up again.

7. Alpha Unleashed (Alpha Girl #5) By Aileen Erin
This series started off so good but ended up losing me a few books in. The reason being is that I started not reading the synopsis for the books because, for the first time in a long time, I wanted to walk in blind into a story. I wanted to get to know more of the characters I liked and not the story. What ended up happening was the author switched up POV's in the middle and had a whole book from a side character POV. I tried reading it and ended up DNFing. I tried picking up the next book, but there were important events that had shifted things in the last book that I missed. I found myself lost and that eventually made me stop reading it altogether. This will probably be an indefinite DNF for me.

8. Hunted (Sinner #2) By Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki
I adored the first book in this series. I don't know what happened for me not to finish the series. I love the world the authors created and the direction the story was going.

9. The Contradiction Of Solitude By Meredith A. Walters
This is yet another of those books I have to be in a certain mood for.

10. Entranced By Jessica Sorensen
I like a few of Jessica Sorensen's books. The Fallen Star series was the first series of hers that I read when it was just releasing. The story of that couple's daughter seems amazing to me (which is the basic premise of this novel).  I will eventually get to this!


What books have been gathering dust on your shelf?
Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I did read the whole Alienated series. I had loved the first book, but the second book was a little different experience for me, because Cara and Aelyx spend so much time separated in this book. I was happy with the way the series wrapped up though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what threw me off for the sequel. The interesting part of the story was Cara's dynamic with Aelyx and his quirks. That's what drew me into the story. Having them get separated wasn't something I was interested in reading as much.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope so too! Sometimes it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...