If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Decided I’m No Longer Interested In Reading

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

This Week's Topic:
Books I’ve Decided I’m No Longer
Interested In Reading

1. The Hunger Games Series By Suzanne Collins
I liked the movies but not enough to want to get invested in the book series. I like dystopian books, but the Hunger Games doesn't really appeal to me.

2. Harry Potter Series By J. K. Rowling
I never hopped on the J. K. Rowling train and it wasn't for lack of trying. I've watched all the Harry Potter movies and they were nice enough. I tried pushing my way through the first book and ended up lasting until the middle of the book and gave up. This brings me to the next book on this list ...

3. Fantastic Beast And Where to Find Them By J. K. Rowling
I've watched the first 40 or so minutes of the movie and that was enough for me to say "never again". Books by this author simply don't appeal to me. It's about time I just accept it.

4. Percy Jackson Series By Rick Riordan
This is almost the same story as my Harry Potter dilemma. I tried to read the books before the movie was even announced and I didn't make it very far into it. The difference between this and Harry Potter was that I actually remember liking the first movie. 

5. The Chronicles of Naria By C. S. Lewis
I loved the first two movies and because of them I've never read the books. It's a weird decision, but I don't want to end up not liking the movie if the book paints a better picture.

Which books have you decided not to read?
Let me know in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. Popular books on this list! It's hard to get into books like this if you missed it while being the target age. I'm struggling to finally read the Percy Jackson series, and I couldn't make it through the Narnia books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought of it like that. I was probably under or over the target demographic when a few of these released. That probably made it even less probable that I'd read them. Percy Jackson, from the beginning, just wasn't for me! Good luck on reading it, I hope you find something worth while in that series!

      Delete
  2. I read Narnia as a kid, and will always remember the magical adventures. I have a different appreciation for it now as an adult though. I will never read HP for several reasons, but mostly because I saw all the films. How many surprises can I find in the books? Same with Hunger Games. I have read Lightening Thief and think I do want to watch Percy grow up. My co-bloggers are such fans, they make me want to read the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In regards to Narnia, I'm scared that I might discover that the "magic" doesn't hold up as an adult. I prefer to keep it to the movies and to how I remember it than try and dive deeper only to realize what a mistake that was. The movies for HP were enough for me as well. I would love it if they aged Percy in the movie verse and followed him through an adventure. That sounds like something I'd like to watch :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...