If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, February 9, 2018

My Ramblings: Indie Books & My Love For Them


Indie Books & My Love For Them

I feel the need to monologue about my love of indie books! At first, I was skeptical of them and the first few I picked up (when they first started popping up) where either a hit or a complete mess. As of late, I've started realizing that more and more of the books I'm picking up are indie. They've cultivated a very special place in my heart.

Everything gets even better when book series that usually release a book a year (traditionally published) all of a sudden could be found 3 to 6 months after each book with the same quality writing and formatting I would expect from a publishing house. There are exceptions to this "rule" because different authors write at different paces, but it's still a breath of fresh air when I realized that I don't have to wait a year or more for a sequel to a crippling cliffhanger!

The indie publish-verse seems to be getting bigger and better than ever which contrasts with the number of bookstores that have been closing in the past few years. Digital books are more popular than ever, but I still hold onto hope that things level out for traditional brick and mortar bookstores in the future. Yet I hope the sun never sets on indie authors!

Do you have a preference between
Indie Books & Traditionally Published Books?
Let's discuss in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I love indie books! It's always fun to find something amazing that hasn't been hyped to death.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it like that, but it's SO true! It's nice knowing that you know of a beautiful book that everyone else in the world has yet to discover :)

      Delete
  2. I don't care how a book is published. A good book is a good book. I don't look at who publishes it (but I do look at the cover and the synopsis).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good cover and a well written synopsis can do wonders for any book, especially an indie novel! I don't even know how many books I've skimmed over because the cover wasn't well done or look strange :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...