If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Five TV Shows That Left Me Hanging

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

I'm choosing to believe that I'm not starting off on the wrong foot with one of the first topics of the year being something I don't participate in. Resolutions to me are rules that will ultimately get broken, especially if I make myself accountable to a list. I've learned that, for me, those "obligations" do more bad than good. So Let's start off the year talking about my second love: TV Shows!

This Week's Topic:
Top Five TV Shows That Left Me Hanging

1. Kyle XY (2006 - 2009)
A Seattle family takes in an amnesiac teen (Dallas), whom they eventually learn has mysterious powers and psychic abilities, the result of a secret human cloning experiment conducted years earlier. The family helps teach Kyle human behaviors such as anger, joy and love, and guards him against forces who seek to use Kyle for their own nefarious purposes.
This series was the first time I experienced this phenomenon. I remember wanting to watch this series for the longest time. I made the mistake of not looking it up before I started watching it. Keep in mind that I got to this series years after it had been canceled. I was so invested in Kyle's story and there was a specific song the series aired that became a favorite of mine for such a long time. I got too invested in the story. This series left me scarred.

2. Secret Circle (2011)
16-year-old Cassie moves from California to live with her grandmother in Chance Harbor, Washington, and falls in love with a mysterious boy named Adam. But, when she enrolls in high school there, she realizes that he, she and all the other elite students at the school are witches. She befriends their leader, Diana, but soon discovers that Adam and Diana are dating, which leads to drama.
I never read the books, but when this aired I had read and loved the Vampire Diaries books by the same author. So I ended up watching it and loving it. This darned series ended in the most mystery ladened cliffhanger I had ever seen (second only to Kyle XY by this point). It pulled me in so thoroughly but ended up hanging me out to dry because a second season was never approved.

3. The Tomorrow People (2013)
The story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil.
I have mixed feelings about this series. I remember loving how it started and how it built up to the cliffhanger, but there were lulls in between. In any case, I was still invested in the story and a few of the characters, especially Luke Mitchell ♡ and I was let down because I'll never know what happens next.


4. Star-Crossed (2014)
What starts out as a star crossed lovers story gradually changes focus to explore moral conflicts with integration and racism Both humans and aliens feel like they are the superior race so they fight each other to try to achieve the most power. The seven aliens and their families help each other out and take great risks to ensure their survival.
This was the first series that I watched that kind of reminded me of the types of books I usually pick up. AKA: Human falls for a paranormal being and because of X, Y and Z circumstances can't be together. The story was fascinating, but I'm guessing there just wasn't enough of an audience for that type of story for this to be successful on TV. It's a good thing my mind has blocked out its cliffhanger ending.

5. Revolution (2012 - 2014)
Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why? Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it?
This series was good and infuriating in so many ways. All of which I remember feeling, but can't explain because I don't remember much about it at this point. I liked the apocalyptic universe this series created when humans lost electricity in general, but when it lulled it got bad.

Have you been scarred in any way from cliffhangers in TV shows?
Let's discuss the damage in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. So, I am with you on all of these. Wouldn't it be nice, if they gave us wrap-up movies for all the series they canceled that ended in cliffhangers? Another I would add to the list, would be Stitchers. I was so sad when I found out it would not be returning, because man! Was I left hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot about Stitchers! That series was awesome! I loved Kirsten and her quirky personality. A wrap up movie would be great too. I hate getting invested and realize it was it for nothing :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...