If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Five Bookish Confessions

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish

I'll be switching things up this week! I don't have a set number of bookish places I'd like to visit in my lifetime and I don't keep track of where the books I read take place in. Most of the books I read are set either in a regular setting or have very dangerous paranormal elements to everything. I don't necessarily want to risk dying to get there so...

This Week's Topic:
Top Five Bookish Confessions

1. I've never read any of what americans consider "classic" books. That list would include To To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Catcher And The Rye, and so many more. Instead, I had to put up with brazilian classic's which was probably just as annoying at that age.

2. I was gifted a Romeo & Juliet playbook and it still sits on my shelf untouched after more than a decade has passed. I swear I tried to read it, but it was just so boring and strange (because it's written in play form). I just don't want to put myself through it. I already know what I need to know about the story.

3. I've watched countless movies based on A Christmass Carol By Charles Dickens but never could make myself read the book. Even though I also happen to have it as a physical book gathering dust on my shelf.

4. I've stopped telling people that I mostly read romance books. I've found that the conclusion they always come to is that I read the equivalent of Fifty Shades Of Grey and when I try to explain that it's not like that I seem to only dig myself a deeper hole. So when someone asks me what I read I usually say books about paranormal creatures like werewolves. That usually moves the conversation away from the topic of my reading preferences.

5. Almost no one that I personally know knows that I have an active book blog. If they do, they don't know the name and therefore, unless they really try, have no idea how to find it. I do this because everyone I speak to would only be curious and poke around and maybe tease me about it. They don't know a word of english so it wouldn't add anything to their lives and frankly the books I read don't always have the cleanest covers, so I would eventually have to deal with them saying that I read something along the lines of Fifty Shades Of Grey, which seems to be the only book people around me know about that has "romance" in it. Maybe that says something about them more than me.

Do you have any bookish confessions?
Let's discuss in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...