If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, May 5, 2017

Book Tag: The 'I Dare you' Book Tag


I saw this over on It Starts At Midnight by Shannon and it seemed like a fun post! From my research this tag was originally created by Lena @Bookfandom101. Let's get started:

* Cover images linked to Goodreads.

1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?

I got into a dragon phase a few years ago and after a few books I got bored with them as a whole. This is one of the few that I intended to read, but never got to.


2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?

| Current Read | Last Read | Reading Next |




3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?

Click the image to see my review. All I'll tell you is that I'm still at a loss as to how this book has an average of 4 stars on Goodreads and Amazon.


4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?

Unless this series comes out with audio books I probably won't continue reading it. I can't really put into words the reason behind that either. I've tried reading, this book in particular, several times and every time I read a few pages and my mind goes off on tangents of unrelated events. As much as I liked the first two books in this series, I don't think I'll be reading this third one.


5. Which book are you saving for retirement?

Why would I save a book for 50 years down the line? I need to live in the present and read whatever the heck I want. I'm not into saving things for a future that might never come. 

Wow, that got dark very fast.

6. Last Page: read it first, or wait till the end?

People who read the last page first is a monster in my opinion. 
What if it ends on a spoiler? If I do that it'll ruin the book for me before I even start it....

7. Acknowledgment: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

I love reading acknowledgments in books! Some are sweet, others are sassy and most are just entertaining!

8. Which character would you switch places with?

| Book Character | TV Show Character |

Ash Mabie From 'Fighting Shadows' By Aly Martinez

Elena Gilbert From 'The Vampire Diaries'
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?

Reminds me of my childhood C:

10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

I don't have an interesting story behind any of my books, since I either win them in giveaways or personally buy them. So there isn't anything to tell :/

11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

Not necessarily. I did give a few english books to a guy in my class last year because he wanted to learn english. Does that count? It wasn't very 'special', to me I was being a good friend.

12. Which book has been with you the most places?

Well if we're talking about ebooks, then my whole collection as been with me everywhere because they're all on my phone and my phone goes everywhere with me. If we're talking about a physical book, then that would have to be my old copy of Twilight (which was recently donated to my local library).

13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?

I never intend to reread the brazilian classics there were shoved down my throat during highschool. Though there was one that was somewhat good, I don't want to ever pick it up again.

14. Used or brand new?

I adore a brand new book, but I can appreciate a well used and well read book any day!

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Nope and I don't intend to.

16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?

I've never liked a movie more than a book, but I liked the 13 Reasons Why tv series more than the book because it gave more of a glimpse into the lives of the people that surrounded Hannah and that made it all the more heartbreaking.

17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?

All the time. When a book mentions Starbucks coffee or a tub of Ben & Jerry's, I get all kinds of jealous because in the small town that I live in there is no Starbucks and the supermarket's here don't sell Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?

I don't have any answer to this. I follow a few bloggers and even though I value their opinion it doesn't always match up with mine after I've read the same book.

19. Tag (at least 4) friends

I refuse to 'tag' anyone. If you want to do this tag then consider this the universe conspiring against you to do it C;

Have you answered this tag on your blog?
Do you have anymore questions for me?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...