If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Audio Book Review: Midnight Star By Karpov Kinrade

Midnight Star
(Vampire Girl #2)
By Karpov Kinrade


Narrators: Laurel Schroeder & Joel Froomkin
Length: 5 hours 31 minutes

From the USA TODAY Bestselling Series, Vampire Girl, comes the next book in the saga: MIDNIGHT STAR

I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until I sold my soul to save my mother. Now, I am forced to choose between my heart and my conscience.

Either way, someone I love will die.



Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my reviews)




My Review:

It's been two months since I finished the first book in this series and I consider that a good thing. I wasn't a really big fan of Ari and Fen in the first novel and I think that changed somewhat. 

I started to enjoy Ari as a character because she was way more of a handful this time around. She was actually questioning what the heck was going on and made a point of trying to escape captivity even if it brought more harm to her. 

Fen wasn't a big part of this novel, the only exception was the ending (which I loved). I don't know what I was expecting from him, but maybe distance really does make the heart grow fonder. He was much better in handling his affection for Arianna and I appreciated that. 

I despise Asher. He's playing both sides and still expects Fen to trust him even though he and *mystery spoiler character's name here* made Arianna sign yet another deal in blood? I understand why he did it, but that doesn't mean I like it or that I'm on his side. The only redeeming event was his fae friend (which I can't elaborate on because spoilers.)

As I've mentioned above, I loved that ending. I wasn't expecting anything remotely close to what happened and it has me invested in this series. I want to know what happens next.

The Audio Book:

Last time around I had a problem with Joel Froomkin because I couldn't stand a man narrating a book to me. I've gotten better at managing that problem. I can now stand and appreciate a man narrated audio book, but I'm still not IN LOVE with it. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...