If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Audio Book Review: Scent Of A White Rose By Tish Thawer

Scent Of A White Rose
(The Rose Trilogy #1)
By Tish Thawer

Length: 6 hours 2 minutes

What if vampires were the good guys and a human girl was the one to fear?

A vampire's love...
An innocent's guilt...
A secret no one could've imagined.

A paranormal romance that entices with a heroine that isn't quite what she seems, a vampire whose love story is filled with dark surprises, and a vampire clan whose Sire has lost the ability to inflict "the change".

ROSE
I'm Rose Reynolds. I have recently lost my Mom in a "freak accident". Now everyone sees me as an innocent girl...a “white Rose”. But I have a secret that no one can imagine. I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks…

CHRISTIAN
I'm Christian and I’m in love with Rose. I also have a secret as old as time. I’m a vampire. No, she doesn’t know…yet. But when our new Sire is revealed, I'll petition them to change her. Because truly, I can't live without her...
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

This book has me so perplexed. There were a few things that happened or were mentioned in this novel that I can't wrap my head around. This story could have gone in a completely different direction if it weren't for all that.

My biggest problem was with Jeremy (Rose's dad). At this point, Rose is twenty years old, almost finishing college and making plans to move out so I couldn't understand his incessant worrying over what she was doing and what time she had to be home. I understand his wife died because of a home invasion, but that was six months ago. She couldn't even let him know she was going out with her boyfriend because he'd go all caveman on her. I also didn't understand why he kept the Meredith secret. Rose is old enough to be OK with it all if it wasn't for the extenuating circumstances. 

**Spoiler Alert**

(Highlight to read the following paragraph.)

Rose made me second guess her intelligence a few times during this novel. Who in their right mind see's a vampire drinking from her mother (who probably has no clue that it's even happening in the first place), befriends this 'stranger'/vampire, takes everything he's saying to be truthful and believes that he'll change her down the road because she's nice to him? I just can't understand how someone's mind would have to work to make it so that's believable even in a paranormal fictional novel. I enjoy a dash of reality in my fictional stories, thanks.


**End Of Spoiler**

I don't have much to say about Christen. He seemed like a nice guy who cared for Rose and her wellbeing. I don't feel like I got to know him very much in this novel because Rose could barely meet up with him because of the caveman of a dad she had.

This novel did leave off at a minor cliffhanger and I can say curiosity killed the cat. I will probably skim through the next novel just to know what happens next at some point in the future. I came to the conclusion that this story was not for me.

The Audio Book:

The audio book was very interesting and I have nothing negative to say about it. I really enjoyed the sound effects they put in when the character point of view was changing.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...