If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Audio Book Review: Vampire Girl By Karpov Kinrade

Vampire Girl
(Vampire Girl #1)
By Karpov Kinrade

Narrators: Laurel Schroeder & Joel Froomkin
You think it's safe to walk alone at night. It's not.

You think the only threat is other humans. It's not.

Monsters are real. Demons are real. Vampires are real.

And I'm about to become one of them.

My name is Arianna Spero. I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until my mother lapsed into a coma. Now, I am her only hope. She made a deal with the devil, and on my 18th birthday he came to collect. But there's a way to save her. There's something the princes of hell want more than my mother.

Me.

So I signed my soul away and promised to pick a prince to marry. I would take the blood oath, become one of them, and give them an heir. I would become a princess of hell, and my mother would live.

I expected fire and brimstone. I expected pain and misery. I didn't expect beauty. I didn't expect magic.

I didn't expect love.

But the princes are keeping secrets from me.

Secrets that could shatter everything.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my reviews)




My Review:


This was a very nice average novel. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it wasn't perfect by any means. I liked the overall plot line, but I hated how clueless the heroine was and how everyone seemed to know something she didn't (especially in the beginning of the story).

I liked how the author portrayed Arianna as witty and sassy, but that's about all that I liked about her. I didn't like how she could do no wrong and the number of times the rug was swept from under her. I also didn't understand how a small girl who was trained in sword fighting all of 3 weeks could take down 3 huge fae men almost by herself. I'm all for girl power, but I want it to seem believable even if it's a fictional world.

I have a love/hate relationship with Fen. I loved him in the beginning of the book. I also liked that he helped Arianna train in sword fighting and didn't say anything when she got a job. Though every time he would give her the cold shoulder for no apparent reason, I would start to think less of him. 

The ending could have been better. I understood that it was against the 'Council's' laws, but he was the only one willing to help and protect her. Why would he willingly risk that? It would have been better if he had had an eating frenzy and almost killed her and then have that ending occur. 

The Audio Book:

I enjoyed Laurel Schroeder's rendition of the audio book, but I despised the two chapters read by Joel Froomkin. It doesn't have anything to do with him or the actual reading. My problem is that I can't stand audio books read by men. I never know when the girl is talking because it sounds the same and I can't relax while listening. Other then that, it was awesome!

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...