If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Book Review: Sacked (Gridiron #1) By Jen Frederick

Sacked
(Gridiron #1)
By Jen Frederick

What he wants he gets...

Knox Masters is a quarterback's worst nightmare. Warrior. Champion. And...virgin. Knox knows what he wants--and he gets it. All American Football player? Check. NFL pros scouting him? Check. Now, he's set his sight on two things. The national title. And Ellie Campbell. Sure, she's the sister of his fellow teammate, but that's not going to stop him. Especially not when he’s convinced Ellie is the one.

...but he's never met her before.

But Ellie isn't as sure. She's trying to start a new life and she's not interested in a relationship...with anyone. Beside it's not just her cardinal rule of never dating her brother's teammates that keeps her away, but Ellie has a dark secret that would jeopardize everything Knox is pursuing.

Knox has no intention of losing. Ellie has no intention of giving in.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I didn't go into this book expecting to love it and binge read it until 3 AM, but that's exactly what happened and it's worth feeling like a zombie for the next 12 hours. I loved how this was written and the character interactions seemed very genuine and realistic. This is the first book I've read by this author and I can safely say I've been missing out.

I liked Ellie and her protective nature. Coming from an unloving home has made her put up walls to keep most people out. I'm happy to say that Knox was the exception (as cheesy as that may sound). She was very protective of Jack (her brother) and almost jeopardized their future at one point. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, though I got the feeling that not everyone was happy about it all.

Knox was amazing. He could be an 'alpha male', but also had a sweet and easy going side to him that made him that much more enticing. I did find the 'experiment' he did (and continued to do throughout the book) a bit childish, but I do understand the reasoning behind it all and that certain situations have happened and in his mind it's better safe than sorry.

Ellie and Knox's story ends on a happily ever after in this novel. I can't help but want to know more about Ty and Ellie's brother Jack. I want more books in this series! 

My Favorite Quotes:

"Welcome to disappointment. It's character building."

"On the scale of one to negative one thousand, the desire to answer the phone lies somewhere below hell."

"I started my life the day I  met you. Everything before then was practice."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...