If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Audio Book Review: Red-Headed Stepchild By Jaye Wells

Red-Headed Stepchild
(Sabina Kane #1)
By Jaye Wells


Narrator: Cynthia Holloway


In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina Kane has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But, her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now.

This time, it's personal.




Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:


This book continues to be an old favorite of mine. It officially held up through the test of time (considering I was in my VERY early teens when I first read this). I loved hearing the audio book this time around and it just added to the story as a whole.

Sabina is as kick a** as ever and I love her for it. I love how she tries to question everything that's handed to her. I felt so bad for her when she found out she was getting played by almost everyone that mattered to her. I adored her minion Giguhl (AKA Mr. Giggles). The humor he added to this story was amazing.

Adam was probably one of my first ever book boyfriends. He's just so handsome and charming when he wants to be. When push comes to shove, he can roll with the punches and he does have a menacing side.

My only dislike of this novel is the end result with the faeries. I was rooting for them and they just didn't deserve what they got for helping. I can't wait to start on the next book to continue Sabina's journey.

The Audio Book:

Cynthia Holloway did a really good job with this book, but I would like to see a little more range in male voices because at times I did get confused on who was saying what because everyone sounded so much alike. P.S. I loved Giguhl's voice though.

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...