If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Book Review: Dire By Alyssa Rose Ivy

**September**


Dire
(Dire Wolves Chronicles #1)
By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Release Day: September 15th

Gage was the first guy I ever wanted. He was my first crush and my first fantasy, but he wasn't my first in any other way because he never saw me as anything more than a friend— at least not until the night that changed everything.

It was all Gage's fault. He insisted we drive through the storm and take the back roads. By the time the storm hit full force we had no chance. One night of snowbound sex changed our relationship forever. The problem was at the same time I caught another guy’s attention. This other guy happened to be the alpha of a pack of shifter wolves. I thought the wolves were the worst of my problems, but I was wrong. When things went from bad to worse I had to make a lifelong sacrifice to save Gage, but what price is too much to save the one you love?
Available At:
Amazon | iBooks | GooglePlay | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Trilogy:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:


* I received an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

I have a love-hate relationship with this book. I still can't tell you how I finished it and actually wanted to write up a review.

The first 24% of this book didn't capture me. It was actually SO unrealistic that I felt it pushed the fictional romance boundaries, to me. First of all, why would anyone in their right mind decide to "out run" a snowstorm just to avoid being on campus for another 2-3 days? Why would they not call home and say something to someone that they were actually going? Why would they throw common sense out the window and still go through with it? To say the least, after that 24% I stopped reading.  

A few weeks passed (and this being an ARC I had agreed to review and create a promo post on release day), and I had received the media kit and was creating my post. It came along with an excerpt and being that I hadn't read the full book I went along and skimmed through it. What I read sounded pretty darn awesome to me. So I went back to the book and skimmed through a chapter or two and found myself actually getting into the story.

You know that feeling when you know something is wrong, but you can't look away? Well that's how I felt reading this book. I disliked both guys in the love triangle and yet I still wanted to know the out come of the story. Maybe it was the creep factor that was coming off this book in waves. I still don't know who to root for and that's what has me most intrigued. The cliffhanger actually did something for this book, which I was NOT expecting.

I will pick up Book #2 just to see what happens next.

My Rating:
(Average rating because the unexpected ending leveled out my hate of the first 24% of this book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...