If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Audio Book Review: Full Blooded By Amanda Carlson

Full Blooded
(Jessica McClain #1)
By Amanda Carlson 

Length: 11 hrs and 28 mins
Narrated By: Casey Holloway

Born the only female in an all male race, Jessica McClain isn’t just different—she’s feared.
After living under the radar for the last twenty-six years, Jessica is thrust unexpectedly into her first change, a full ten years late. She wakes up and finds she’s in the middle of a storm. Now that she’s become the only female full-blooded werewolf in town, the supernatural world is already clamoring to take a bite out of her and her new Pack must rise up and protect her.

But not everyone is on board. The werewolf Rights of Laws is missing text and the superstitious werewolves think that Jessica means an end to their race. It doesn’t help when Jessica begins to realize she’s more. She can change partway and hold her form, and speak directly to her wolf. But the biggest complication by far is that her alpha father can't control her like he can the rest of his wolves.

When a mercenary who’s been hired by the vampires shows up to extract information about the newly turned werewolf only days after her change, they find themselves smack in the middle of a war and there's no choice but to run together. When it’s up to Jessica to negotiate her release against her father’s direct orders, she chooses to take an offer for help instead. In exchange, Jessica must now swear an oath she may end up repaying with her life.

Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |


Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* This is a review of the audio book.

I'm back in all my glory with my re-reading funk! So I read this book way back when it first released (ahem..2012). I remember both loving and dreading the ending. It's what made me mark Book #2 on my calendar for the following year. The problem started there. 

When I finally picked up Book #2 I wasn't that into it anymore. Why, you ask? Well, it was a VERY emotional end and with a dash of a cliffhanger. I remembered the cliffhanger, but I just didn't care enough about the characters at the moment to actually put in some effort into getting more then a few chapters into book #2. I wanted to relish in my audio book frenzy and re-read/listen to series I started, but gave up on because of the almost one year gap to the following book.

I particularly love this book because of how the author portrays the society. Even though it's male dominated she still manages to create a heroine strong enough to understand it, but not submit to it. I loved the backbone that Jessica had. It's what made her an awesome heroine in my opinion. From the plot line, it seemed like karma/author didn't want Jessica happy. When it looked like things were looking up you could (being a werewolf story) almost smell karma/the author about to hit. 

Rouke was fierce, loyal and fought for what he believed in. I'm still SUPER curious as to what kind of animal he is. Everyone (in the story) kept mentioning cat, but I'm not so sure. It was pure coincidence that what happened between Jessica and him happened and it was an AWESOME plot twist.

The ending was both horrific and elating. I saw something coming, but it definitely wasn't what happened. You will not guess the ending because it goes into a whole other direction then what you're expecting. I loved how original it felt. I can't wait to see what happens when she needs to fulfill the vow and what the Queen really has in mind.

The Audio Book:
I liked the Casey Holloway's voice. Though, to me, all the male characters sounded distinctly female. I kept laughing so hard when she would say "Rouke said in a low voice" and continued on with an almost girly tone. I got through it though. By the end I wasn't even noticing it anymore.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...