If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 8, 2020

Audio Book Review: Winter By Audrey Grey

Winter
(Evermore Academy #1)
By Audrey Grey

Narrated By: Vanessa Moyen
Length: 10 hours and 35 minutes

Welcome to Evermore Academy where the magic is dark, the immortals are beautiful, and being human SUCKS.

After spending my entire life avoiding the creatures that murdered my parents, one stupid mistake binds me to them for four years.

My penance? Become a human shadow at the infamous Evermore Academy, finishing school for the Seelie and Unseelie Fae courts.

All I want is to keep a low profile, but day one, I make an enemy of the most powerful Fae in the academy.

The Winter Prince is arrogant, cruel, and apparently also my Fae keeper. Meaning I'm in for months of torture.

But it only gets worse. Something dark and terrible looms over the academy. Humans are dying, ancient vendettas are resurfacing, and the courts are more bloodthirsty than ever.

What can one mortal girl do in a world full of gorgeous monsters?

Fight back with everything I have--and try not to fall in love in the process.

If you love reading about fated mates, enemies-to-lovers, snarky heroines, and everything Fae, then one click today and fall into this magical new series that's being called Vampire Academy meets The Cruel Prince!

P.S. This full-length story may leave you with a book hangover.
P.P.S. This Upper YA/NA series will eventually be four books and is intended for mature audiences. It contains cursing, sexual situations, and violence.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

I went into this book expecting an average paranormal romance novel with fae. What I got was so much more than that! I loved how fleshed out the world the author created was. It feels like we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and I want to know more!

Summer is a sassy, strong woman who fights for survival daily. She was in a hard situation and ended up in an even worse situation because she was trying to help her family survive. Throughout this book, a mysterious past that even she's unaware of is sprinkled in and I really want to know all about it! I liked her sort of relationship with The Winter Prince.

The Winter Prince's hot and cold attitude was a bit of a turn-off for me in the beginning. By the end, his initial actions are explained and it does start to make some sort of sense to the bigger story. So he eventually won me over, though his need to protect Summer even if it means getting hurt in the process was disappointing to me. I want him to fight for love, damn it!

The one thing that made me dislike this book and remove a star were the overly mean mean-girls and the extravagant way they would go about hurting/tormenting Summer. Other than that, this book was very enjoyable!

I got frustrated with Summer in the end. She was so dense and purposely naive about the dangers she knew were real and very close to home. I'm so glad things worked out and that we didn't get left with a cliffhanger of epic proportions. I'm very excited for the next book in this series! 

The Audio Book:

The narration was fantastic! Every character had a different enough voice to be distinguishable on their own.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...