If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 17, 2020

Audio Book Review: Slaying Monsters for the Feeble By Annette Marie

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble
(The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
By Annette Marie

Length: 8 hours and 27 minutes
Narrator: Cris Dukehart

I’m bound to a demon.

For my entire life, I avoided magic at all costs. Now, I’m responsible for a demon who wields magic more powerful than the toughest mage or sorcerer.

Demons are evil.

That’s what my textbooks say. That’s what I see. He’s ruthless, he’s temperamental, he’s cold. But he protects me without fail. I wonder if he’s hiding a heart behind his hostility.

My demon is a monster.

Heartless or not, my contract with him is illegal and beyond dangerous. Together, we need to find a way to send him back to his own world before anyone discovers our secret. If that wasn’t difficult enough, there’s another problem:

My demon isn’t the only monster I should be worried about.

From the author of The Guild Codex: Spellbound comes a new series that will plunge an unprepared young woman into the darkest magic of the mythic world.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| AmazonTantor | Audible |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

This series is magical and I never want it to end! Please give me all the books pertaining to this series, I beg you! The world is so fascinating and well built. The characters are complex and some walk in a grey area that makes the story that much more interesting.

Robin has been withstanding everything that's been thrown at her up to this point and it's amazing she's still alive. I've never seen myself so much in a character like I do with Robin. She's a bookworm who normally likes to stick to the outskirts of groups of people. She wasn't taught any of the survival skills she needs to have in this magical world she's found herself in much to her mother's dismay. Though I still wish I had her cooking skills. It's a fascinating balance Annette Marie strikes with Robin and the world she put her in and I love it!

Zylas is amazingly intelligent while also being a jerk half the time. There are moments when he has me thinking that he actually cares and then that all goes out the window after he calls Robin stupid in his native tongue. It's an entertaining dynamic and I'm excited to see where it's heading. I've said this before and I'll say it again I can't help but want Zylas and Robin to become a couple as dysfunctional as that may turn out.

There were a lot of action-packed scenes that had me on the edge of my seat with my hands over my eyes. There were way too many close calls for comfort. The ending had a bad feeling churning in my gut and I don't know how it's all going to be ok again. At this point, I just need some assurances that everything and everyone will be ok again. 

The Audio Book:

There were one or two scenes where I did get lost in dialogue because the voices were too similar. Other than that the narration was good!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...