If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Book Review: Perfect Opposite By Zoya Tessi

Perfect Opposite
(Mafia Bodyguards #1)
By Zoya Tessi

Their wishes were simple and modest. Fate had other things in store though, and she can be a real bitch sometimes.

- All he wanted was to get the job done and somehow to endure those long months playing nanny to a spoiled little rich girl. Without strangling her with his bare hands in the process. Well, it is going to be much easier said than done.

- All she wanted was to escape the past and live like any other nineteen-year-old girl. Her plan definitely didn’t include the arrogant, tattooed savage, with his awful mohawk hair and lack of social graces, whose only mission was to stick real close and mess up her life.

But, people aren't always what they seem to be, are they?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review/Rant:

* This review and its rating is based solely on the 62% of the book that I read.
*This review is based on the novel that released in 2014 titled 'Perfect Opposite'.
This book came off as very childish. I can't believe I let myself get swindled by another review that stated this was a "new take" on the bodyguard and spoiled heirs storyline. I'd correct that by saying that this is a childish take on that type of storyline.

The heroine (Sasha) was the problem. She gets immature and starts slamming doors just because someone said something she didn't like. I don't think I've ever read the words "ran and slammed the door" as much as I did in this novel. I also didn't understand her hate of Alex. He's a guy of few words, but that doesn't main she should have thrown a tantrum because he was there to keep her safe.

I liked Alex. He seemed way more level headed and in control of what was happening than Sasha. I almost think it would have been better if Sasha had been killed off and he started narrating the story with a much more interesting and less childish view.

I still have no clue how this novel got categorized as 'New Adult' on Amazon. This is a very immature Young Adult at best. The 62% of this book that I read doesn't live up to the raving reviews that I read before picking this up.

My Favorite Quotes:

No favorite quotes were possible for this novel.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...