If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Book Review: Deceit By Addison Jane & K.E. Osborn

Deceit
(The Vindicated #1)
By Addison Jane & K.E. Osborn

Covert, stealthy, cunning—I'm trained as a weapon. A lethal killer. I do what needs to be done in order to protect those who can't protect themselves.

I’m never the same person twice.

It’s never been an issue.

But I underestimated her.

The beautiful woman next door. There's something sexy about the way she watches me, eyes wide with an innocent curiosity. I find myself aching for her attention. I want her to look at me, but not when I'm covered in the blood of the man I just killed.

I live in the dark. She could be my light. I want her. And I know she feels it too.

When what I do puts her life in danger, everything changes. And I start to realize that maybe not all is as it seems. Every part of me screams to save her...

But what if I'm wrong.

What if she's the one saving me?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Free on Kindle Unlimited!

My Review:

I'm at a loss for words. This is the first book in a long time that actually took my breath away. I still have no idea how that ending happened. I was expecting the complete opposite. This novel was filled with ups and downs in its storyline, but the ending made up for most of it.

I liked Lilly as a character, but at first I couldn't see her and Kace together. She was too much of a rule follower and he was a complete and utter mystery. If it wasn't for the incidents I don't think half this story would have happened.

I still feel so bad for Kace. He thought he was doing something good and everything blew up in his face (not literally). I don't understand how two best friends do that to one another at the ending. I was expecting an explosive conversation, but not that ending.

I have a conspiracy theory about the ending (because that's the only way I'll be able to sleep at night while waiting for the next book to release). I think that it was all a ploy and that everything was faked to get the agency off their trail. Everything happened way too quickly and there's no way someone can rig an explosion in the amount of time that the ending took place in.

My Favorite Quotes:

"We live in the darkness so others can bask in the light."

"He's so hot and cold. I can't figure out if I have third-degree burns or frostbite."

"How can something so beautiful, be so damn deadly?"

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...