If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, January 29, 2016

My Ramblings: Reading A Complete Series: To Do Or Not To Do?

Hiya My Little Predators!!



Reading A Complete Series:
To Do Or Not To Do?

Way back when I started hardcore reading (by which I mean reading more then 3 books a year), I used to finish each and EVERY book and book series I picked up. I could hate every aspect of the book or series, but I would power through and finish it. Thinking back on it now, I lost a lot of time doing that while I could have been discovering new awesome books.

In the state of mind I've been in in the last few years I certainly don't agree with my younger self. It was a total waste of my time and because of all that it made me hate a few series that I really enjoyed as a whole. I pushed myself so hard into finishing a damn book that by the end of it all I couldn't care less about the character's, never mind the story line or a possible continuation.

As a consequence to the earlier years, I seem to have become very picky about the books I read, finish and write up a review on. I don't have a guilty conscience when it comes to DNF books anymore, which I can't really say is a bad thing. When I can't find a book I want to finish I find a new TV Series to watch or a movie re-run I've been wanting to get to.

Have this problem? Have books to recommend?
Leave me a comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...