If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Book Review: Arrow's Hell By Chantal Fernando

Arrow's Hell
(Wind Dragons MC #2)
By Chantal Fernando

Release Date: June 16th 2015

Being the younger sister of a Wind Dragons MC member isn’t as great as you’d think it would be.

I can’t escape the details of my brother’s exploits.
No one tells me anything.
Men who know who I am tend to stay away from me.

And worst of all:
The members of the MC are off-limits.

When Arrow catches my eye, I make it my mission to make him happy again.

When I fall head over heels in love with him, I just hope he will be there to catch me.
And that my brother doesn’t kill him.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

For some strange reason I have mixed feelings for this book. On one hand it was great, but on the other I felt like it disrespected women. I was almost suffocating from the stink of alpha males coming off the pages. I understand it's a biker novel and that that goes hand in hand, but would it kill someone to dial it down a bit? Also, the book kept repeating how big and good looking EVERYONE was, by the end I was skimming through.

I started out not caring for who Arrow was, then I started liking him and finally I ended up disliking him. For someone who claims to love Anna he has a funny way of showing it. I know he's a biker (which apparently equals almost no emotion whatsoever), so I can't expect any emotion out of him. Well my response to that is: sue me! I'd rather read fiction.

Anna had a backbone with everyone except Arrow. She dealt with her brother, her friends, the weird and barely mentioned guy friend at college, but when it came to Arrow with another woman on his lap she just made it clear that she saw what he did and ran to her room.

Onto things that I liked in this book: the pacing of the story was awesome, Anna's backbone, the Anna situation (in the beginning) was intense and ended up serving a purpose by the end and the ending scene where all is right in the world once more.

Favorite Quotes:

"I want a partner, not someone who thinks he can control me."

"If they hurt you, they die. Painfully."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...