If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Book Review: Lure By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Lure
(Allure Chronicles #1)
By Alyssa Rose Ivy


Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Release Date: February 16th 2015

There's danger in the beauty...
Two years, six months, and twenty-five days. That's how long it had been since I'd seen my winged hero— not that I'd been counting. I'd suffered through years of counseling just to convince my friends and family that I wasn't crazy and knew he didn't exist.

But he did. And I was done waiting.

Days after college graduation I headed back down to New Orleans to retrace my steps and find Owen again only to find my life was about to get even crazier... thanks to the most beautiful and dangerous of all paranormal creatures, the Allures.
Available At:
Amazon | B&NGooglePlay | iBooks | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)












My Review:

After reading the prequel to this series I couldn't wait for this release. I was so excited for this book, that I read it all in one sitting (AKA a few hours). That was how deep my obsession ran when it came to the release of this book.

Daisy has waited 2 and a half years to finally hunt down Owen after what happened that halloween night. After making people think she was crazy and mostly dealing with life one day at a time she finally makes her escape....or rather excuse to go back to New Orleans. 

The beginning of the book was very strange in a creepy way. I didn't know what to think. I understand it's hard introducing new character's and having the reader connect with them on a certain level, but it was just weird. The author only reveals half the truth in the last chapter of the book and yet I still feel like I know nothing about the so called allures. I was left with too many questions and not enough half truths to actually make me understand what an allure actually is.

Owen was too hot or too cold. One moment he's the most confidant guy in the room and the next he's a blubbering teenager in a man's body. It's hinted that he's had his heart broken before, but this girl has already told him they have a "connection", so what's there to be unsure about if he also claims to feel it as well?

Conclusion: I will read the next book in this series for the sake of finding out what an allure is and how they'll resolve all the problems brought up in this novel.

My Favorite Quotes:

"It seems I was a magnet for people as desperate for company as I was to be alone."

"The thing is, you never know anything in life. You never know who or what to trust."

"(...) after years of searching, I wasn't losing him again."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...