If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book Review: Bridges Burned By Chris Cannon

Bridges Burned
(Going Down in Flames #2)
By Chris Cannon


Length: 312 pages
Published: January 19th 2015
Publisher: Entangled Teen

Don't just fight the system…burn it.
Since discovering she is a shape-shifting, fire-breathing dragon on her sixteenth birthday (surprise!), Bryn McKenna’s world has been thrown into chaos. Being a “crossbreed”—part Red dragon and part Blue—means Bryn will never fit in. Not with dragon society. Not with the archaic and controlling Directorate. And definitely not when she has striped hair and a not-so-popular affection for rule-breaking…

But sneaking around with her secret boyfriend, Zavien, gets a whole lot harder when he’s betrothed to someone else. Someone who isn't a mixed breed and totally forbidden. And for an added complication, it turns out Bryn’s former archnemesis Jaxon Westgate isn’t quite the evil asshat she thought. Now she’s caught between her desire to fit in and a need to set things on fire. Literally.

Because if Bryn can’t adapt to the status quo…well, then maybe it’s time for her to change it.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

*I was provided an eARC in exchange of an honest review.

I really wanted to love this book as much as the first book in this series, but it just didn't happen. 

Bryn was very whiney and clingy this time around. I don't understand why it took more this half the book for her to figure out how to deal and move on with the plot line that was Zaiven. I found myself rolling my eyes every time Zaiven omitted or twisted a truth and she fell into his arms and all was forgiven.

Zaiven was a jacka** and I'd like to think there's a special place reserved for him in Hell. He mislead Bryn and his future wife with an effed up story. When Bryn finally told him and his lady off she still crushed on him. He wasn't giving two effs about her and she was hung up on him.

I loved her Knight Valmont this time around. He was sweet and kind. He even stood up to his crazy grandma when she mistreated Bryn over nothing. I actually want something to happen between them.

I also liked Jaxon as well. He wasn't the warmest person in the world, but he treated Bryn like a person even if he had a problem with her being a hybrid. 

I found myself getting worked up every time someone mentioned an arranged marriage between Bryn and Jaxon. I will never understand the reason for arranged marriages or how there are still women living this as a reality. I hope Mrs. Cannon has an epic plot twist when it comes to this plot line.

My Favorite Quotes:

"'Honor and loyalty above all else even if you're miserable' seems to be their motto."

"What she did have was a screw-all-of-you attitude and the ability to roast anyone who pissed her off."

"Only those you love can truly hurt you."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...