If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 8, 2021

Audio Book Review: Deity By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity
(Covenant #3)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Length: 11 hours and 7 minutes
Narrator: Justine Eyre

History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time.

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

The farther I get into this series the more I can appreciate the universe the author created and how everything is moving along at a steady pace. I'm also enjoying the vampire twist with greek mythology sprinkled in.

Alex continues to be a really interesting character! Though I still dislike her rash decisions. I like how she does everything possible to see the good in most people. It's a tad bit naive (in my personal opinion) but I can respect it.

Well, thanks to this novel I finally have a team to root for. Team Aiden for the win! I've always liked that he's respectful and caring towards Alex. Though the whole law that prevents them from being together is a real downer. I still can't see how all this will play out so I'm looking forward to continuing on in this series.

Seth can go faint in a ditch and be buried alive for all I care. He really showed his true colors in this book and that's putting it mildly. I'm glad I was never rooting for him and Alex to be together, so that's a win in my book. Considering he has a spin-off series I'm interested to know how the author eventually redeems him because even though I was planning on eventually getting to his series I don't see myself doing that after the events in this book.

The ending wasn't anything out-of-this-world but it does give interesting tidbits of information for how the story is going to possibly play out in future books. I'm cautiously optimistic about where this series is going.

P.S. The latest cover for this series is by far my favorite out of all of them!!

The Audio Book:

The narrator is fine but the audio quality is severely lacking for this whole series it seems. It's definitely not as bad as the first book but it's not that much better. I think I've just gotten used to the fuzzy/muffled audio. I've said this before and I'll say it again, how this passed quality control at Audible and/or whoever published the audio book is still beyond me.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...