If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, December 4, 2020

Movie Review: Gabriel's Inferno Part I, II & III


Gabriel's Inferno
Part I, II & III



An intriguing exploration of seduction, forbidden love, and redemption, a captivating and passionate tale of one man's escape from his own personal hell as he tries to earn the impossible: forgiveness and love.





My Review:

Let's start off with a misunderstanding of mine: This was only the first book in the series. I was under the impression that these three movies were books #1 - #3. Thanks to the end credit of part III for setting me straight and basically letting me know that all the subplots that were left unresolved in the background weren't shoddy storytelling.

Part I was okay. I was (still am?) Team Paul. Gabriel comes off as a complete and utter jackass. Call me crazy for wanting a guy to treat me with respect and like a human being even before he has feelings for me. Julia was a bumbling idiot for the whole first part. I hated that she got tongue-tied if Gabriel so much as breathed in her direction.

Part II was better. Paul was nothing but a sweetheart and I'm sad he doesn't get a happy ending (as far as I know in the books which is nothing because I have not and will not be reading the books this is based on). Julia found her backbone somewhere and proved herself to be a much more interesting character but not by much. Gabriel started treating her like a human being because he stopped denying their attraction to each other. This part also ended with a bang! 

Part III picked up right where Part II left off. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the other shoe to drop and even though it did it wasn't at all that satisfying. The conflict seemed to be put on the backburner because Julia and Gabriel were finally together, together. That was where I thought it started to become shoddy storytelling because I legitimately thought this was it. Apparently, this was just the first book divided up into 3 parts. I waited for all 3 parts to release because I wanted to binge everything at once. So I guess I'll have to set my 2021 calendar because I'm invested in the story and the character's after this 5+ hour movie of book #1.

Things I noticed during the movie
that made me laugh out loud:

- Why were Gabriel's clothes (a lot of the time) an inch or two too short in the legs and arms? 

- I thought that the actress who played Julia was super short compared to the actor who played Gabriel. Turns out she's 5"8' and he's 6"2'. She's not short by any means but he literally swallows her up when they're in the same space. I don't know why I found this so hilarious!  

- The book that this movie is based on was released in 2011/2012. I couldn't help but compare Julia to Twilight's Bella which released in 2005 (the movie released in 2008). Julia is really similar in clumsiness, in appearance, and introverted/shy around other people to the point of being awkward. #FoodForThought

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...