If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Added To My TBR & Forgot Why

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Books I’ve Added To My
TBR & Forgot Why

* Book covers linked to Goodreads

Necessary Risk
(Bodyguard #1)
By Tara Wyatt

Former child star Sierra Blake is making a stunning Hollywood comeback—and attracting a scary amount of attention. When her home is vandalized and her safety threatened, she knows it’s time to bring in the professionals. But from the moment she sets eyes on her indecently sexy new bodyguard, Sean Owens, Sierra’s thoughts are anything but professional…

Few things in this world scare Sean—until he realizes he’s in serious danger of losing his heart to his new client. No matter how much he wants to, Sean won’t let his feelings for the smart and gorgeous Sierra get in the way of doing his job. Because as the attacks against her escalate, crossing the line between business and pleasure could get them both killed.

So...
I apparently added this to my TBR pile in Oct. of 2019 and I don't remember why. On the surface, it sounds like something I'd like but only if you don't consider that I'm currently a year and a half into a paranormal romance/urban fantasy mood and unless it's a book I've been waiting for by an author I already know I'm not picking up any contemporary suspense romance novels. Maybe it sounded good enough for me to keep on the list until this fantasy phase of mine passed? That's my best guess.


Infinity
(The Infinity Division #1)
By Jus Accardo

Nobody said being the daughter of an army general was easy. But when her dad sends a teenage subordinate to babysit her while he’s away… That’s taking it a step too far.

Cade, as beautiful as he is deadly, watches Kori with more than just interest. He looks at her like he knows her very soul. And when he saves her from a seemingly random attack, well, that’s when things get weird.

Turns out, Kori’s dad isn’t just an army general—he’s the head of a secret government project that has invented a way to travel between parallel dimensions. Dimensions where there are infinite Koris, infinite Cades…and apparently, on every other Earth, they’re madly in love.

Falling for a soldier is the last thing on Kori’s mind. Especially when she finds herself in a deadly crossfire, and someone from another Earth is hell-bent on revenge…

So...
I usually love almost anything this author writes. I've even read a *gulp* romantic suspense by this author and liked it. I know, I know. I feel weird about it too! At first, I told myself I was waiting for the rest of the series to release. That happened quite a few months ago and here we still are. *Facepalm*



Loving Luc
(Selkrian Tales #2)
By Gabriella Clark

My name is Arianna Mae Nyx, I always thought my name sounded like a kick ass heroine name. The name of someone great and doing awesome things. Not the name of a 25 yr old bike messenger, not the name of a college dropout and certainly not the name of someone who broke the promise she made to her dying mother. Mama got sick again, the cancer that had been in remission came roaring back with a fury that consumed her body before the doctor's could do anything about it. Before I knew it she was gone, my best friend was gone and I was left buried in grief and a mountain of debt. I had to sell my childhood home and take any job I could find in the city to pay off the debts. There would be no more college for me, no more taking any chances.

My name is Luc Kapena not only am I the COO of Totality and the head of Autonomous, but I'm also the Kai of my hale. I'm the second in command of the most influential hale on planet Earth. I'm also a bit of a playboy, I like hanging out at the human clubs and I absolutely LOVE their women. When I see Arianna Nyx for the first time I think to myself this hottie needs to loosen up, she needs some fun in her life. I never expected to fall so hard, so fast. I never expected that she would be my Ke'Ola. Now all I have to do is convince her to give me a chance. What could go wrong?

So...
I remember this being a kindle sprout book that I put my support behind but it didn't get approved. Later on, Amazon told me this book was available and I decided to put it on my TBR pile since I supported it I must have read something I liked about right? Well, it'll be 2 years in April 2020 and we are yet again STILL here.


Unexpected Hostage
(Unexpected #1)
By Layla Stone

Everyone says he's dangerous.
Everyone is wrong.

My new cabin-mate is a telepath and the whole ship’s scared of him. I was too, for about three seconds. He’s quiet, but once I get him talking he’s the most fascinating man I’ve ever known. He shouldn’t be in that cage. He didn’t do anything wrong. But good thing he is, because I would love to snuggle down for a long night with a body like his.

Everyone thinks they're safe.
Everyone is wrong.

My race is known for being peaceful, and I was too…until I was electrocuted, kidnapped, sold, and then put in a cage. I’ll get out of here soon, but while I plot my escape, I’ll enjoy my cabin-mate’s attention. She thinks she has figured me out. She’s not even close.

The ship is being attacked, a perfect diversion. There is only one problem…I want to take my cabin-mate with me.

So...
I've been trying to branch out into aliens for the last year or so and I haven't had much luck. Most of what I think is paranormal romance or urban fantasy ends up being erotica with very, very little story to it. I think I've been put off by so many alien books that now I'm hesitant to start any more of them. This has been on my TBR pile since Sept. 2018.

What books have you wanted to read in the past and ended up forgetting about?
Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. Do you think you'll be taking these books off your TBR then?

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been there this long, so I don't see why they wouldn't stay there just in case I somehow find it in myself to want to read these in the future... even if it'll probably a decade from now ♡

      Delete
  2. Ha ha. I have a TBR list on Goodreads that is THOUSANDS of titles long. I don't remember why I added the majority of them except that they looked good at the time!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, same! I did a major overhaul a few years ago and it looks like I'm due for a second one in the coming months ♡

      Delete
  3. All of these look like they would be good books. I can guess why you would add them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like covers have ever led me astray in the past *face palm* ♡

      Delete
  4. I hate it when I can't remember why I added a book! And Infinity sounds pretty good, I like stories about alternate dimensions and all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Let what was I thinking when I added that book to be TBR in the first place? I should definitely get in the habit of writing up a note somewhere when I add a book to my TBR mountain ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...